Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 04, 2024, 02:51:05 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

question on oil pan for my sewing machine

Started by bigdog56nh, May 25, 2011, 06:03:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdog56nh

Hey folks,
just a quick question about the oil pan on my machine( not really sure what its suppose to be called)
Mine is plastic and is all cracked so is the oil cup. any ideas on where I can find a new one? I oil my machine all the time its an old singer w155g . Hubby can make one out of aluminum if that will work but im not sure if thats a good idea or not. any ideas or suggestions would be great . thanks in advance for your help

Terry

RandyOnR3

if you oil your machine manually, the pan is of no use except to catch the drops.. lay a towel inside the pan to absorb the drops and keep sewing......I've heard the only way to find a pan is to buy a machine that has one......

BigJohn

In the past I purchased one for my 111W153 from Bob Kovar who advertises in the classified section of this board, he is well respected and I've included a copy of his Ad:

For Sale: New and used industrial sewing machines. Single and  double needle. Adler, Brother, Juki, Pfaff, Singers and more. $399 and up. We stock parts, needles and thread. Bob Kovar toll free# 1-866-362-7397  Sewmun@aol.com (7/31/10)

Jim101

I've been looking for an oil pan also for of our machines.  We have one with the plastic tray also and it cracked a long time ago.

One of those things I think about and immediately forget about again.

I'll call Bob in the morning...    If I can remember!  :o

Jim

Allan

I had a cracked pan on my machine also so I got the local plumbing works to make me a galvanised one from sheet metal
Works a treat

Allan

fragged8

bigdog56nh

Thanks for all the help guys n gals I think I will be able to make one out of some aluminum that I have laying around. It should work out just fine I will let you all know.

Mike8560

Ya I did t kn ow there was plastic my first singer had one I the. Bought a juki and a metal one was o. The table I e sence bought a used singer and table a d it is also metal were talking the drip Pa. That is tacked to the table user the machine right ?
By the way I'm going to remove the kastest singers motor and clutchand junk the table keepi g the motor clutch and head fir spares anyone need a table   

Mojo

What kind of condition is the table in Mike ? Does it come with the treadle ?

Chris

Mike8560

It's a normal machine table for a singer juki also fits it  everything but the motor and clutch when I'm done    The metal frame is goos but the wood well pressed board with a Formica top is. Warped sagging it would need s new  one Need one?

Mojo

I was thinking of maybe picking it up from you. I want a spare. I am going to be getting in touch with Bob to see if he has any used machines. I know he attends a lot of auctions so I may have him watch for a good compound feed machine for me. If so then I could use the table of yours.

I may be coming your way in a week or so. I can break it down and throw it in the basement of my coach.

Chris

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

What model Singer is that?  W155G? 

Not sure what that is.  Is it a house hold model? 

Mike8560

Let me known chris I've still got to take the motor off   I had it in my trailer.
That gone and now I've got it in my garage  and van outside. 

Mojo