Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 07, 2024, 06:51:24 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Stupid tools

Started by Mike8560, May 20, 2011, 09:36:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

Quote from: DB on May 24, 2011, 06:50:09 pm
This is a stupid tool thread, but I want to ask a stupid question:  Why notch a pigs ear?

Another one; why won't the pig notcher not notch woven fabric?  Just not precise enough?

Doyle

Don't know about pigs but when we brought some feral cats into the spay neuter program at U Of Florida they notch their ear to show they have been fixed.

Do not know that the pig notcher will not notch woven fabric. Will it notch knots in wood?
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

They notch a pig's ear multiple times in different locations on both ears for identification purposes. Depending on the location of the notch, they can even keep up with which litter the pig came from.
If I ever have to notch a pig's ear, I think I'll just use my sewing nippers. :D
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

My compass. It does a great job making circles. But I have never been able to get it to tell directions: North, South, East, or West. What a stupid tool!

gene

PS My pigs ear notcher does not seem to be precise enough for fabrics. It does well on vinyl. It's a bit quicker for notching matching points of the edges of vinyl that will be sewn together, and a bit quicker for notching the vinyl welt cord when I am turning a corner.
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mojo

My parents had my ears notched so I wouldn't get mixed up with the other kids in the neighborhood. :)

I have 2 notches in one ear and 1 in the other so I guess I am from the 12th litter or the 21st, depending on how you line up the notches.

Chris