Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 04, 2024, 12:46:12 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Next Project....

Started by jojo, May 10, 2011, 09:22:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

Hi guys,
Here's my next project; coming into the shop today. 1987 Bayliner flip seats.

I've never done this type of seat before...will there be any unexpected surprises here? Or are they as straightforward as they look?

As always, thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing about your experiences.
Jo

BigJohn

I often find they need a lot of woodwork, and the T nuts twist loose when you try to take out the bolts. most of the hinges are OK to be reused, good luck. Your seats don't look as bad as some I've done.

Mike8560

Like John said wood t nuts.  I usualy ver  500 per set

jojo

Thanks guys! They aren't getting the rest of the boat seats upholstered, so I have to match the fabric pretty closely. Any suggestions? The original fabric has a flannel backing. Does anyone ever use that?

Mojo

As the other guys said, the wood is the issue with these seats. I tore a set apart and the bases were rotted.

In regards to the fabric, contact Miami Mike and ask him. He is real good at finding matching marine fabric.

Good luck and hope the job doesn't turn into a PITA. :)

Chris