Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 12:19:36 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Timing problem?

Started by hidebound, May 07, 2011, 03:26:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hidebound

My Consew 255B went out of time yesterday. This is the second time this has happened lately. I timed the hook then noticed that the hook was hitting the needle so I moved the hook assembly over. After this when I handwheel the machine the hook or bobbin case is scraping against the needle plate. doesnt do it when I loosen the screws on the needle plate. What have I done wrong?

stitchm

Sounds like hook height possibly? or the top sliding cover plate installed in reverse?

Darren Henry

I had the same issue years ago with a 225. When I moved the assembly over it wanted to lift up a hair. I had to give it a gentle tap down once the appropriate screws were slacked off.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

hidebound

Quote from: Darren Henry on May 07, 2011, 09:45:16 am
I had the same issue years ago with a 225. When I moved the assembly over it wanted to lift up a hair. I had to give it a gentle tap down once the appropriate screws were slacked off.

I wonder where exactly I should tap. I'm a little skittish about tapping on the hook from the top.

Quote from: stitchm on May 07, 2011, 04:12:34 am
Sounds like hook height possibly? or the top sliding cover plate installed in reverse?

If you mean the sliding plate to the right of the needle plate I think it would only go in upside down, but I will look.

sofadoc

That slide plate cover has a thumbnail slit in it. If the slit is on the left, it is reversed.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

hidebound

Quote from: sofadoc on May 07, 2011, 06:27:07 pm
That slide plate cover has a thumbnail slit in it. If the slit is on the left, it is reversed.

I had a look at that cover. I see what you mean it could be turned end for end. Its ok though thanks stitchm and sofadoc.

I tapped the hook a time or two, no more rubbing. Thanks Darren. You guys are great.

Darren Henry

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

May 09, 2011, 08:33:10 am #7 Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 08:34:48 am by Gregg @ Keystone Sewing
Another "not many have seen this book before" for the Consew 255RB / Seiko LSW-8BL

Excellent book that shows detailed setting and adjustments

http://www.keysew.com/DemoFiles/255RB_339RB_Seiko_LSW.pdf

hidebound

Gregg thanks alot for that link. It is a much better reference than what I have.

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: hidebound on May 09, 2011, 05:48:01 pm
     Gregg thanks alot for that link. It is a much better reference than what I have.

I've been selling 255RBs with my family for over 13 years, and I know it is, if you going off of what was sent with the machine!

Hope it helps, and it's as good a book as I can find outside of some of the newer Pfaff books.