Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 10:31:18 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Found Bosch Foam Cutter on Sale

Started by Stephen, April 28, 2011, 02:22:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen

In case anyone is interested, I found a sale on Bosch Foam Cutters. I just purchase one and received it today.  I had ordered it (all the pieces separately) from The Tool Barn Saturday and just received it today. They were, and are still, having a sale. The Bosch foam cutter cost me $420 complete (with body, 8" blades and blade guide, and a footplate.) The shipping was free.

I'm so excited that I finally have a real foam saw! I've waited a long time  :'( for this. When I worked with my dad many many years ago he had a Bosch, and it got a lot of use. It eventually quit working, and like idiots, we threw it away. I have not had a real foam cutter for many years. I've always used a combination of 1.) ordering foam cut to size  2.) electric carving knife 3.) band saw  4.) jig saw  5.) my 12" Scissors.

Best Wishes,
Stephen

sofadoc

Congrats Stephen!
At least now, there won't be any foam fragments on the Thanksgiving turkey at your house this year. ;D
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

fragged8

I just bought one from this site .. .

EZE 8" Foam Cutter. only has 1 blade but it works fine
for the amount of foam i do. $134 plus $9 for extra blades.

http://www.upholster.com/toolkits/Foam-cutter.html

A bosch would have been nice but I was so angry that you have to buy the
blade seperately and at a huge cost i sent the one i bought back.