Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 04, 2024, 02:47:35 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Dinette Booths

Started by Mojo, April 20, 2011, 08:33:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I was asked to take a dinette booth in a motorcoach and redo it using the same material. The owner, when he bought the coach actually ordered 10 yards of the same fabric that is on the booth.

He doesn't want any new foam as the coach is only 2 years old. He wants it spruced up and design put into it ( buttons and a seam line installed along the back.

Just wondering what you would charge for something like this. The booth seats Back and bottoms are about 4 ft long.

Any input would be appreciated. :)

Chris

MinUph

Sounds like about $25.00 - $30.00 a section COM.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

JuneC

Seriously Paul?  :o  You'd charge $25 to $30 a section to upholster a dinette booth?  Or were you referring to the value of the material that the customer's already bought? 

Chris, I'd get probably $120 to $135 per 4' section to upholster in someone else's fabric.  Don't know about motor coaches, but regular furniture that I've ever had the pleasure of re-upholstering was apparently stapled on with a rapid-fire, repeating staple gun.  I never saw so many staples per square inch and didn't know you could get that many into wood without splitting the wood.  It'll take you 4.65 days just to pull the staples from one section.   Have fun!  :P

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

I'd be more like June Chris. What have you got about an hour. Hour and a half per cusion? Now you've got. Button too now tou said sonyouengwt got to figure that domyour have a button maker ?  I've git one come see me if you have to.