Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 02, 2024, 10:49:03 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Bounty for the Ground Hog!!

Started by NDAV8R, March 23, 2011, 09:08:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NDAV8R

March 23, 2011, 09:08:32 am Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 10:11:16 am by NDAV8R
Its a good thing that the Ground Hog can't survive in North Dakota....He would get shot!
As you remember, he promised us an early Spring....ya right!  We just got Dumped on by a very heavy wet snow.
 Reports up to 19.5" or better around here.  So wet the snowblowers have a hard time blowing.  The Interstate Highways are still shut down.  Some of the Highway and Street Depts had already took off their plows prior to this.   We thought we were out of the woods for spring flooding, but now I'm sure this will definitely change things. Fargo ND had just completed 3 Million sandbags filled, but they will probably need more.This reinforces that we have only two seasons up here...Winter and Winter! :o :o

Gale.
Strive for Perfection...Settle for Excellence!

Mojo

Those little varmints are like politicians.

You cannot believe a word they say. :)

Chris

Darren Henry

A bit of luck and favourable winds; but we dodged the worst of that here in Brandon (60 miles north of the Peace Gardens) . Environment  Canada was warning 25-30 cm or 10-12 inch with high winds. We only got a couple of inches and beau coup wind.Worse west of here and north ,then east. Still enough to close schools and highways even today. And we don't take our plows off up here like those sunbathers below the 49 th.  ;D
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Peppy

How much is the bounty? I literally live around the corner from this one-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiarton_Willie

I'd be happy to help you out! Be warned though, as the "Worlds only prognosticating albino groundhog" I think he should get a premium. And act fast! He has a habit of dying frequently.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering

JuneC

You Canuks (and northern Americans) are made of sterner stuff than I am for sure.  But then today, I got sunburned with a "farmer's tan" today (I was wearing a short sleeved t-shirt) and was moving quite slowly putting snaps on a cover due to the heat.  It hit the mid 80's and it's only March!  Gonna be a long, hot summer....  :'(

Oh, first cover via the blanket method.  It came out OK, but I'll stick to plastic patterns for now.  This method is too trouble prone for my taste. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Peppy

Quote from: JuneC on March 23, 2011, 07:11:11 pm
You Canuks (and northern Americans)

Arn't we all Northern Americans? As opposed to those Southern Americans, or Centraler Americans?

QuoteThis method is too trouble prone for my taste. 

Me too. Like the two tone!

So....

...what's an asshat worth?

hidebound

You Canuks (and northern Americans) are made of sterner stuff than I am for sure.

I dont know about that June I lived in FT Lauderdale for a year and the heat and humidity were nearly unbearable for me.

regalman190

I hear you Gale!

I'm in western NY and we got about 6" yesterday!
Regal Canvas

JuneC

Well, yes... I guess Canadians are North American's as well. ...   Hmmm.  Ok, it's been more than a few years since I had Geography (do they even still have Geography as a class in school anymore?! - when I went to school it was and even had it's own textbook).   But back then, Bejing was Peking  :-X  I won't say how long ago.  Also, Peppy, I bet I've sung "O Canada" more times than you have.  Every morning in elementary school I said the pledge to the American Flag, the Union Jack and sang O Canada because Canada didn't have a pledge (at that time, at least).  I've probably sung "O Canada" close to 2 thousand times  :D  And I'm a huge fan of Robin Hood flour (can't make homemade bread without it - just the right amount of gluten) and Fern Leaf butter. 

Anyhoo, it was a hot one again today.  Another few days like this and I'll be swimming in the pool (and I won't get in till it's 83 or higher). 

June

W. C. Fields

Darren Henry

QuoteCanada didn't have a pledge (at that time, at least).

Up until a certain Prime Minister came up with the British North America Act to get his Franco-phone butt into the history books and make it easier for the Liberals to gouge the electorate in the 80's, We were truely a Dominion of the Commonwealth and as such sang God save the Queen after the lords player every morning.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

JuneC

Then Darren, we're birds of a feather.   My passport contained a pic of the queen for most of my life (and I've still got it).  Long Live the Commonwealth!!   :D

June

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

The cover looks good June I wonder why they didn't go bluer like the top? 
I hav e messed up a few times blanketing when I cut around the top frames wrong and missed a snap. Inhad to sew a little piece on. Plastic that won't happen but you do use plastic
so why did you sing oh Canada. ? Didn't you say you grew up in the Bahamas? 
I was a mid I. California pledge  to the flag every morning

As far as the heat I lived 34 years in née England   It was hot when I first move here but now I look for a sweatshirt when it gets down to the 60s

JuneC

The customer wanted a pale grey cover because of the heat.  I made so many punches with ouch-dammit pins that had to be covered, I decided to put the hem on the outside instead of the inside like I usually do.  Actually it serves two purposes - covering the soon-to-be Sunbrella holes and having the dark edges on the snaps helps keep the cover looking clean.   Snapping and handling the edges would have made it look dirty after one or two uses if it were solid silver.

June

W. C. Fields

Peppy

Quote from: JuneC on March 27, 2011, 07:14:14 am
  Actually it serves two purposes - covering the soon-to-be Sunbrella holes and having the dark edges on the snaps helps keep the cover looking clean.   Snapping and handling the edges would have made it look dirty after one or two uses if it were solid silver.

Awesome. That was the best thing I learned at art school. "I didn't screw it up. That's a design element."

Quote from: JuneC on March 24, 2011, 06:31:18 pm
  Also, Peppy, I bet I've sung "O Canada" more times than you have.  Every morning in elementary school I said the pledge to the American Flag, the Union Jack and sang O Canada because Canada didn't have a pledge (at that time, at least).  I've probably sung "O Canada" close to 2 thousand times  :D 

No doubt you have! When I was in grade 3 or 4 they brought in the bilingual version of O Canada. I have to try really hard to remember the words in english, but I can sing it real good in 'gibberish french'.