Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 09:12:45 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Manufacturing products

Started by Allan, March 10, 2011, 01:24:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

March 10, 2011, 01:24:56 am Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:36:24 pm by Allan
Put you thinking caps on guys and gals

I am looking for generic products to manufacture from canvas or similar with basically a sewing machine not special equipment

Any ideas??

Allan

JuneC

Winch/windlass covers, bbq grill covers, outboard motor covers, duffle/beach bags (these would have to be unique - can't compete with Taiwan for generic stuff).

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mojo

Allan:

I make these out of scrap Textilene but you could use canvas.

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x200/throgmartin/Up%20Shop/?action=view&current=LadderBuddy2.jpg

The top folds over the rung of a ladder and velcros in the back with 2 inch velcro.

You can sew two different types of these tool pouches. I make one that is designed for the RV'er who is waxing his rig. This one has bigger pockets to hold wax bottles, towels, rags, etc. The RV'ers love them. I also make another pouch that is designed to hold tools. This has multiple pockets. I am also in the process of designing a new tool pouch that sits on top of a step ladder.

I also make prayer cushions. They are nothing more then a foam filled cushion that measures 24 inches wide by 8 inches. Guys use these to throw on the ground and place their knees on while working on a car, truck or whatever. I call them prayer cushions because as any old guy knows, once you squat down on your knees, you pray you can stand back up again. :)

Hope these help you.

Chris

Chill

furniture and car seat protector for people with pets.
ATV cargo bags.