Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 29, 2024, 04:25:18 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

consew 206rb-5 threading questions

Started by jsquail, March 05, 2011, 08:17:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jsquail

My thread seems to be jumping out of the thread controller(Labeled "B") on occasion, so its brought me to ask these questions concerning how my thread is routed through the machine.  When the thread jumps out of the controller it sips behind it and the thread breaks. The Consew instructions are vague in places, more so with the diagram than with words. Might have to zoom in to see the letters i put in the pic. They didn't turn out like i had hoped.

The red line is how i currently route my thread.

1. Does the thread need to route around the tensioner and over the small pin as marked "A". This is the small pin in the discs.

2. I noticed the adjustment screw "C"  is there to rotate thread controller. when would i use this adjustment?

any help is appreciated. thank you.

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n549/G_Canvas/Threadroute.jpg
Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

March 05, 2011, 10:17:40 pm #1 Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:20:32 pm by Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

jsquail

Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com

Darren Henry

Can you help me out here Gregg? I see something it that photo that has had me scratching my head for several months now.It's the way the thread is run through the thread guide before it gets to the tensioner.

I'd always just seen the thread passed L→R through one hole and then R→L out of another one. When I moved down here Boss's consew 226 was strung like the picture (whip stitched through every hole ) and wouldn't sew for beans. I re-strung it and it was okay but we decided to send it in for overhaul. I grabbed his serviced 111W155 out of the spares cupboard and it too was strung like that straight from a tune up. Same thing-- way too much top tension unless you wanted to gather every project into little frillies (which is not a good look for RV awnings or recliners).

BTW when the 226 came back it too was strung as per jsquail's picture.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

scarab29

duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

jsquail

Thanks Scarab. Great video!!!

I have found, as the person in the video suggests, that using the upper and lower holes on the spool pin with heavy thread tends to put too much tension on the thread. I too use only one hole versus two as the consew instructions state.
Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com