Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 02:22:54 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

My new 'scrap' recycling system is working.

Started by Grebo, February 22, 2011, 04:52:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

February 22, 2011, 04:52:01 am Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 04:54:11 am by Grebo
I took a few days out last week ( almost the whole week  :-[ ) to have an almighty clear out of all the boxes scattered around the workshop full of various offcuts/scraps.
I found stuff left over from a couple of jobs I did almost 10 years ago  :o
Thing is when you are busy ( as you all know ) you don't have time to sort things out & I have run on the idea that chuck it in a box ( of the same colour bits ) & have a rummaged through it when I need another bit of the same, or sort it out later, yep, later never comes.
Well... prompted by the thread on inventory I decided it had to be done & before the real wind up for Easter, always a busy time for me.
I have thrown away bags & bags of little bits. The bigger pieces that where left I have rolled onto spare tubes & slid into some plastic tube 'bagging' on a roll knot in one end, making each into it's own bag.
& keep it next to the roll of material that has not be decimated.
Well it works  :D  I have already started using material which has been knocking around for ages.

So thank you Mojo you have made a big difference over here.  :-*

fragged8

i keep thinking of selling the offcuts on ebay,
mainly for the diy sewers and crafts makers.

Grebo

I did ask about if any charities or groups wanted them but no one was interested.

Mojo

I am glad I was of assistance to you. It would have been much better I am sure if I would have showed up and cleaned your shop for you and sorted through your remnants. :)

But at least I was useful in providing motivation. :)

Chris

bobbin

Good for you, Grebo.  Doesn't it feel great to get some control over the accumulated clutter?

(now the trick is to keep on top of it and prevent it from happening again... ask me how I know this, lol)