Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 05:45:22 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

stapler repair

Started by Darren Henry, February 04, 2011, 04:46:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

Hey gang; my finishing stapler (1/8 " staples ) packed it in the other day and when I  pulled it apart it was full of what I thought was sawdust. Most of it was below the piston and there were some chunks the size of aquarium gravel. Now the driver sticks out almost 1/2". It's a Joseph Kilhberg HJO 690-16. Any one have a parts diagram or know if there was a block of some kind below the piston to stop it from going down so far?
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

Did the material you found inside the gun, was it hard or was it oily globs ?

If not then it was probably gunk sent to the gun via the compressor. Put a small filter on the air line to prevent it from happening again.

Chris

scott_san_diego

I had this happen to me before.  In my case the chunks below the piston was from a piece that is connected to the underside of the piston and holds the driver in place.  Most likley you need to get a new piston with driver.

lamx

Go to http://www.kihlberg.com/ click on "Spare Parts Shop" for diagrams; click on "Distributors" for the nearest dealer of Kihlberg products.

Ed

Darren Henry

Chris, there was about a table spoon of this stuff and like Scott mentioned the driver had come loose from the piston. I fixed that ,but the driver sticks out so far I'm guessing there is suppost to be some guide of stop in there as well.

Thanks for the link Ed but they don't list my tool.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

fingers

My faithful Rainco stapler will get gacked up like yours every four or five years. It's like Chris says, there's a plastic plug of sorts that helps hold the driver blade in place. There is also a bumper down below the cylinder on mine that crumbles.

The way mine is designed: the driver blade is held into the plastic plug by way of a pin then the plug is pressed into the piston which is a little cup. I'd replace the three part assembly. The cylinder is made of brass with O-rings on the outside. It pulls out of the stapler body. Below it is the bumper, (a flat plastic washer with a driver slot in it)

Make sure you clean out all the little bits of loose plastic. It don't take much debris to jam it all up.