Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 05:12:29 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Mazda 3 Seat Cloth Issue

Started by baileyuph, February 11, 2011, 06:15:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

Seat cloth for a 2006 Mazda 3, dark flint color in a small geometric pattern.  I can't find it in the cloth books and neither can my vendors.

I would be interested to know if anyone can find Mazda 3 body cloth in any book and the year.  Like I say, I have looked in books through 2006.  No luck, like I say.

Doyle

SHHR

http://www.bmwpartsoutlet.com

It doesn't help with just the fabric, but looks like they may have a whole cover ( and price looks pretty good) unfortunatly the illustrations don't show if it's a match or not, But I've dealt with these guys with good luck before on other seat parts. If you contact them with the vehicle VIN and Trim code they can tell you if it will match.
Kyle

seamsperfect

Quote from: SHHR on February 11, 2011, 09:35:46 am
http://www.bmwpartsoutlet.com

It doesn't help with just the fabric, but looks like they may have a whole cover ( and price looks pretty good) unfortunatly the illustrations don't show if it's a match or not, But I've dealt with these guys with good luck before on other seat parts. If you contact them with the vehicle VIN and Trim code they can tell you if it will match.
Kyle

He said Mazda 3 not z3.  I have looked for that fabric as well with no luck..........
Kevin

baileyuph

This is an interesting dilema, one might be able to order the OEM seat upholstery from the Mazada dealer but that can get expensive, especially when only a small part of the seat assembly needs repair.

What you guys think is going on in a case like this, seems I have run into this before and more so recently in our car seat repairs?  I have had two year old cars there was no cloth available.  I don't know if the Mazda 3 seats were made, should that be making cloth availability a challenge?

New complete seat upholstery ready for installation usually isn't available, a long time after vehicle manufacture either.

Doyle

SHHR

Sorry, I read that wrong. for some reason I thought it was a 3 series bimmer and not a Mazda. About a week anf a half ago I gave myself a mild concussion while working on an old truck in the shop. The DR. put me on the DL for a few weeks till I check out ok. Things are much better now, but sometimes things I read just don't register right.

Just a thought, but have you looked through Ford's material in the detroit book? From the late 80's through the mid 2000"s they were connected very close and each other's company was using their parts on the other's vehicles. For instance the Ford Rangers and Mazda B-2000 were for every purpose the same truck ecxept some sheet metal work and badges.
It's just possible they shared the material too.
Kyle

SHHR

http://www.miamicorp.com/products/ORIGINAL%20FABRICS%20BY%20YEAR/2006OEM/2006OEMMAZDA/2006OEMMAZDACLOTH.aspx

Any of these look right? theres some dark flints in there.

baileyuph

Thanks Kyle,

It turns out, after a continued search, the original was not found for the car.

I looked at Miami's Mazea availability and went through my inventory and used a solid flint that had the same color intensity and texture and in spite of it being a solid, instead of the print in search, it didn't look too bad. 

In working on this project I noted that the original had faded a bit in spite of being a relatively new auto. 

So, all is well on that one.  Now back to my boats, other auto, and furniture projects.  This year the boat customers are getting their boats ready before the spring rush.  Good thinking.

Hope you guys are having as much fun as I am. ;)

Doyle