Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 25, 2024, 08:57:08 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Odd meeting of wildlife

Started by Mike8560, December 29, 2010, 05:01:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

December 29, 2010, 05:01:52 pm Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 06:59:51 pm by Mike8560
This afternoon I was talking with. Customer getting paid and looking at some more work out back of his house out by the canal when out of the woods walks this Bobcat  it looked at us waged it tail a bit and walked along  be canal.  Odd

SHHR

There use to be a guy in town here that had one. he walked it around town on a leash and then he'd set out on Main St. in front of city hall. The cat would set up on a mailbox and people would walk by and pet it. It always seemed real tame to me, but still a wild animal. I think it scratched a lady real bad once if I remember right. I don't remember if he was forced to get rid of it or he just keeps it away now. I haven't seen him in a few years now.
Kyle

Darren Henry

This cheeky dude walked through my drive way to eat the neighbours acorns (in the middle of hunting season  :'( )

Then he walked right up looking for a treat

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

gene

December 29, 2010, 06:31:51 pm #3 Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 06:33:54 pm by gene
One bobcat would be odd. Two would be even.

A few years ago I was talking to a guy on Sanibel Island, FL who said he saw a jaguar, the cat type, not the car. The rangers said they did not believe him. He would need footprints, a picture or two, and a carcas would be good also.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike8560

I didn't meen  tip type  it was his.  If was a wild cat   I have seen panthers cross the road and gators in The canals but to have this bobcat  just come out of the brush wagging it tail was a bit unearving as it walked on by not 30'feet away.

Mojo

We do have an abundance of wildlife down here. :)

I live near a bear habitat thought I have never seen any here. We have wild boars running all over the place in Florida but I have not seen any near my woods. A subdivision by us has lost a dozen or more small dogs and cats recently and they think it is the result of coyotes or very large hawks. People let their little dogs or cats out in their back yards to go the bathroom and never see them again.

The only thing I have seen in our backyard is snakes and gopher tortises. Nearly stepped on a coral snake and we do have rattlers in our woodlot behind the house. I just killed a scorpion in the house the other day. With 2 very large German Shepherds our back yard stays pretty clear of wildlife. :)

Of course we also have an over abundance of pythons which is spreading all over the State.

Chris

Mike8560

December 31, 2010, 08:32:05 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 08:33:59 am by Mike8560
AcRoss from my house is a wildlife preserve and ii e beard boar at might chris. You will see some bit by cars at night the next morning dead. I've had se Florida panthers cross the road also. Of course the coon and possem have sett motion lights off in The yard.