Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 08, 2024, 08:07:21 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

New shop , getting there.

Started by scarab29, January 29, 2013, 06:47:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scarab29

Been a crazy end of 2012 and busy January here moving and getting up and running. New place is so big I have no idea how I'm gonna pay to heat it. Been getting some awesome high end cars though. Upholstry/canvas just getting set up now. Work there is getting a little backed up.

fit this sucker in the shop during the hurricane !

The epoxy coating on the floor was shinier than this audi paint job !

3 mclarens in this month !!
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

scarab29

Interior of looney toons is pretty off the hook. Don't think this boat will ever be fished!

a case of tnt for wile coyote .

duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

Mike

boy that's big so you moved before the storm . I didn't know you were  into auto work, nice cars for sure did you do the interior in the fountain? I gueese you scarab made it ok in sandy was it in the building oh and is it the building behind loonytoons?

scarab29

The boat is blocking it. 103' deep so I guess if it fits on a trailer , it will make it  through the door. Had a 52 outerlimits on a goose myco trailer hooked to a freightliner business chassis in there and a concept 30 something sf hooked to a dualie and I still had a lot of room. I do a lot of car dealer work for the past 25 or so years and got into the canvas business 6 or 7 years ago as a sideline and it just grows every year. Looking to really increase that end of the business now.

JuneC

Nice shop!  Did you do the Fountain upholstery?  I can't ever get a customer to do something creative  :'(  All they want is white with white or <gasp  :o> blue welting...

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

west coast

Holy smokes thats a big shop.Those floors slippery when they get wet?

Mike

Sll white i get that too june they think its going to be cheaper but you still have to  uthe same pattern tothe foam still same labor may a couplemyards less ::)
But ta that it huge  scarab id hate tRy and heat it my new place is only a 1000  high ceiling and a open roof vent do i dont plan to try ac. Just fans.

scarab29

No June , I didn't do the upholstry. I did some electronics / stereo work. The owner also owns a marina I do some work for from time to time. He bought it as is with the paint and interior. The colors look great until you sit on them when they are in the sun. It will really tan your hide !!