Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 20, 2024, 01:57:19 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Windshield Sun Shade

Started by regalman190, November 15, 2010, 05:36:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

regalman190

Hi all! Working on a 38' Chris Craft Roamer. Client wants a sun shade on the exterior of his windshield. Wants to block sunlight as much as possible, but wants to be able to see out.

Looking for input.....Textilene, Phifertex? Or is there something else?

Thanks,

Joe

Regal Canvas

JuneC

I use Phifertex Plus.  It has a 7-8% transparency (93% blockage).  You can see out in bright daylight, but will drop the temp inside about 15-20 degrees (in SoFla).  My customers love it.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mojo

I use Textilene exclusively. It is a heavy fabric, handles the weather well and blocks 90 % of UV rays.

I have never used the other fabric so cannot comment on it.

Chris

Grebo

I use soltis 86 (also called coversol here) all the time,  customers love it. Comes in lots of colours but I can only get white & anthracite, bought some beige once from the UK. Nice stuff to work with. White go's a bit creamy over the years  anthracite & beige still look good.

Mike8560

If you can test a piece first.
I usedba piece of the plus lnnkg widow in the past and on an angle I could hardy see out. With the screens the more of ana gle iits on the less you ca. See throught it.