Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 12:34:25 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Standard Labor Hours

Started by kre8ed46cess, October 01, 2010, 09:34:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbin

And I'm a living testimony as to why "too many windows" can be a bad thing, lol!  I wanted this to be posted under Rich's thread on tracking "productive hours"!

What a ding-dong.  Sorry 'bout that, folks. 

Mike8560

Quote from: Rich on October 15, 2010, 05:47:49 pm
I'd like to know how to make ends meet on $40.00/HR labor charge.
Rich

$ 40 is way under what  i charge

west coast

Shop rate is 85 an hour here and thats low compared to other shops and I charge 100% on fabric most others are charging 150 or more. My rates are going up.

Ihavenoname

I've pushed my prices up to about as high as they can go. I get about 90 to %95 turn rate now as apposed to about 70% with lower prices. I get a lot of "Wow that's a lot more then new." I've been telling people, new furniture is like a Hungry Man Turkey TV dinner. It's good for times you don't feel like cooking and you don't have much in the cupboards but not what you would expect for Thanksgiving at Grandma's.   

Funny how I came up with that was, the other day while surfing the web, I found a photo of an old style aluminum tray tv dinner and thought that's modern furniture. I should keep that in mind when talking to someone who want to buy new for the low price.  It look good in the picture on the box but once you see what comes out of the over, it's not that exciting.

Rich

That TV dinner analogy is a good one. I've thought of also comparing the new stuff to movie sets. It looks fine and lasts just as long as it's needed, but that's about it.
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!