Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 02, 2024, 11:18:03 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Name this sewing machine

Started by SoInTrouble, October 12, 2010, 10:15:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SoInTrouble

Hello, I am new to the world of sewing.  I like this message board, and am excited to learn and share my experiences on the board.

I restore cars,  and have 3 that needed interiors.  I also windsurf, and have a ton of sails and thought I would try my hand at sewing.

I have an opportunity to pick up a machine.  I have sewn on a Pfaff 145 and like it.  I am not sure if this machine has a walking foot, or what it is.  I have not been able to take a look at it in person, and only have a couple of pictures, and was told these numbers were on the machine. Model CB-402E       1269676

Can anyone identify the machine?

Thanks...Let me know if the picture is fubared.

scarab29

Doesn't look like a compound walking foot machine to me.
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

SoInTrouble

You are correct Scarab, it is not a walking foot.  I just got back from taking a look at it.  It is a single needle.  He also had an old Pfaff surger, but not what I need.

I will stick with the 145.

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

SoInTrouble

I do like the 145.  Just have to keep the bobin full.

I was hoping the machine that I was asking about was a zig zag machine.  It would be nice for sail repair.

Darren Henry

??? So your looking for a compound walking foot, zig zag machine, with a low bobbin indicator light/buzzer.   8) Maybe they do make such an animal, but it sounds like finding the S.A.E/metric ratcheting hammer with circuit tester and cutting torch tool that would let you give away your tool box of wrenches etc... LOL. If they are out there I've never seen but would grab one in a heart beat. As long as it had reverse and an espresso maker.  :D
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Bob T

There was a Pfaff 138 zigzag listed on craigslist for Asheville, N.C.  They were asking $400

sofadoc

Quote from: Darren Henry on October 12, 2010, 04:58:56 pm
??? So your looking for a compound walking foot, zig zag machine, with a low bobbin indicator light/buzzer.   8) Maybe they do make such an animal, but it sounds like finding the S.A.E/metric ratcheting hammer with circuit tester and cutting torch tool that would let you give away your tool box of wrenches etc... LOL. If they are out there I've never seen but would grab one in a heart beat. As long as it had reverse and an espresso maker.  :D

If it's a Pfaff, you can bet the espresso maker will be tied to the reverse/stitch length lever. :D
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

SoInTrouble

Quote from: Darren Henry on October 12, 2010, 04:58:56 pm

I want it all.  It would be nice if it trimmed the material also!

Actually I may not have been clear, I have a Pfaff 145 that I am using on my upholstery projects, but I was interested in adding a zig zag machine so I could use it on my sails.

Great idea with the low on thread indicator on the bobbin.  I make plenty of racked when I do run out in the middle of a seam.

Bob T

For windsurfing sails, a Bernina 217 works great.  If you're in the market, check craigslists for Dallas, Salt Lake City, New Orleans, Norfolk, Hartford, and Denver.  Today, I found 217's in these locations.

SoInTrouble

Quote from: Bob T on October 12, 2010, 05:13:27 pm
There was a Pfaff 138 zigzag listed on craigslist for Asheville, N.C.  They were asking $400

Thanks for the heads up.  The Pfaff that I was looking at was local (no shipping) and $200, so that is why I went to check it out.

That 138 sounds interesting.  I will take a look.

SoInTrouble

Quote from: Bob T on October 12, 2010, 09:31:35 pm
For windsurfing sails, a Bernina 217 works great.  If you're in the market, check craigslists for Dallas, Salt Lake City, New Orleans, Norfolk, Hartford, and Denver.  Today, I found 217's in these locations.

Thanks.  I will take a look.