Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 02, 2024, 11:09:17 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Class win at Jimmy Dean Show

Started by RussW, September 28, 2010, 07:34:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RussW

Made my day. The owner called me last night to share the news that he won "1st in Class" at Jimmy Dean Days in Fairmont over the weekend. I finished this truck in July of '08 and he still winning.

Mojo

Awesome news Russ. I bet your beaming with pride and rightly so.

Congrats.

Chris

seamsperfect

Congrats man very cool.  I love it when my upholstery kits are good enough to be featured in car mags. I have had a number of them.
Kevin
The latest one.
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1498930

bobbin

Wow! that is really, really nice.  I want to know how you pull off the "Ford" in script, do you have those panels monogrammed?

What year is the truck and what category is it shown in?   clearly, it's not an authentic renovation! 

RussW

Thanks for the compliments, its' much appreciated.
bobbin - The FORD script is embroidered and added to the seats, on the door panels I just cut a hole in the panel and added the script on the back side of the panel, added 1/2 foam behind that to have it 'pop" thru the door. On the headliner and benches, the script was cut from 1/8 cell foam and covered.
The truck is a '50 and full steel, even the tilt front end is all steel. He was in the "Full Custom class" and he said they moved him to Commercial, up against all the trucks and station wagons at the show. There is a lot more info on the truck at my website.
Hope I answered all your questions, if not ask away.
Russ

bobbin

Thanks for making the time to answer my questions, Russ..  One of the things I particularly like about this site is the varied aspects of upholstery/marine work represented by the members.  I know slightly less than nothing about the technical aspects of automotive upholstery work, but the variety within that specialty alone blows my mind.