Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 04:23:04 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

How to get started?

Started by jeepdoc, August 31, 2010, 11:10:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

Quote from: sawdustar on September 04, 2010, 11:18:10 am
Most companies put associates on "salary" instead of paying by the hour. Used to be, my short weeks were 80 hour weeks and some every reach 120 hours in a single week, then add in the next weeks 80 hours or so and you have 200 hours of IT work in a 2 week period and nothing but a paycheck to show for it.

sound like being your own boss also. wait till you see all the unpaid hours you have to out in. like when i have to drive out to cals to qouote prices on a boat only to get no yes or no untill i call back in a week to find they went with another bid.
and i hear you on kids theese days. they all feel there entitled and dont have to pay there dues. ::)

Mike8560

Quote from: JuneC on September 04, 2010, 06:07:45 pm

OMG... You just reminded me of what I left behind.  Sooooooo glad to be out of that.  Gimme a rounded out stainless screw any day of the week.  I'll have at it with my angle grinder  ;D  

June
our work enviroment got to be alot better also  june hey?

JuneC

Wow, what a pretty spot, Mike.  Is that in front of your new place?  We'll be boating later today.  Stay tuned for some pics. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

September 05, 2010, 03:00:51 pm #18 Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 05:00:39 pm by Mike8560
actualy its at the start of my canal near the harbor. im just past the bridge at the red spot

yesterday I poured some cement (46 80#bags)repairing bases for some seawall davits im replacing. the blocks were here but sombody removed the davits. they will do till i get a dock and lift in.