Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 03:18:42 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Persian Tweed Sunbrella

Started by regalman190, July 06, 2010, 02:35:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

regalman190

Hey all! Anyone out there have any Sunbrella Persian Tweed they want to sell? Have a client who really wants this color (what he has now) but I told him it was discontinued and I cannot find any supplier who has it. Not Manart, Trivantage or Bainbridge.

Thanks,

Joe
Regal Canvas

Mike8560

I also ran into that problem a while back I don't remeber but perhaps coastguard aka dilson may have the color or perhaps outdura? I'll check my charts tomorow and see if I have any too.

Lynn

Its not in the Dickson line either. I also have a customer who has this on his boat but I couldn't get any from Ennis or Jacksons. I think it has been discontinued for quite a while now.
Lynn
Life's too short.....let's go fishing!!!

Pikachu

You might check with Keyston, they may have some left. Then throw away the sample so this doesn't happen again.

regalman190

I won't throw a way the sample, but I did mark it discontinued. Like to hold on to it to match up with any existing enclosures. Then I can tell them it's discontinued.
Regal Canvas

Sunbrella

We discontinued Persian Tweed in October of 2008, but you never know who may still have a few yards.  You've called some good sources in Bainbrige, Manart and Tri Vantage, but you could also check with J Ennis, Keyston or Sailrite.  We're checking on possible alternatives so expect a call soon.

-- The Sunbrella Team

JuneC

Welcome Sunbrella people! 

Joe, how much did you need?  I've been "cleaning" and found just over 2 yards if that's any help.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Grebo

:o Welcome Sunbrella People, ooh your going to get a few questions  ;D

hdflame

Quote from: Sunbrella on July 22, 2010, 08:49:39 am
We discontinued Persian Tweed in October of 2008, but you never know who may still have a few yards.  You've called some good sources in Bainbrige, Manart and Tri Vantage, but you could also check with J Ennis, Keyston or Sailrite.  We're checking on possible alternatives so expect a call soon.

-- The Sunbrella Team

Nice to have you onboard!  Please jump in on our conversations and make yourself at home! ;D  Are you going to pass out any FREE samples? hehe ::)

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

regalman190

Thank you to the Sunbrella team and welcome to the board!

Thanks June.....I needed about 14-yards, but thanks for thinking of it. The client decided to switch to Hemlock Tweed.
Regal Canvas

Sunbrella

We'll do our best to answer any questions that come our way.

--- The Sunbrella Team

scarab29

Know your problem is solved but i ran across this supplier a while ago saying they stoak a lot of discontinued material.

One to save next tme you might try them on the obsolete disc. patterns , auto and marine.

http://www.fabricsupply.com/about.php
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

Geech

Ran into the same problem.... found some by searching Google for it but won't say I found any businesses I'd heard of before selling it and those who had it are the "sells to consumers" and wanted something ridiculous like $28 for a yard of 60".

On a separate note - I had a customer who wanted their new carpets bound in Persian Green tweed binding.  I use Corinthian Carpets as the manufacturer of my carpet and they sent me to Adwin Binding company who agreed to make me a roll of this binding in 1 1/2" one edge turned like they needed.  Unfortunately, I had to buy an entire run of the color and ended up with around 200 YDS left over - so if anyone has a need for this unique and generally out of production item feel free to ask....