Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 29, 2024, 03:22:43 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

What if you found your sofa photo on a designers web site + their name on it.

Started by Ihavenoname, April 11, 2012, 04:45:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

OK. I may not know it all, but today I'm Mr Realism.

Photoshop. :D

And thank you for using the word "scofflaw". I happen to like that word and I don't see it in print very often.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Ihavenoname

Quote from: gene on April 13, 2012, 03:27:47 pm

And thank you for using the word "scofflaw". I happen to like that word and I don't see it in print very often.

It is a fun word. You don't get to use it much.

bobbin

"Scofflaw" made me smile, too.  When I was in Jr. High a couple of the neighborhood bullies used to call me, "Miss Vocabulary" thinking it would bother me.  Au contraire! good command of any language is nothing but an asset. 

But the question I'd really like to ask is how do you put a "water mark" on your original photography?  I am no photographer, but I do a lot of original work and I'm hesitant to share pictures of it with people I enjoy (you guys) because I don't know how to "stamp" it as my very own. 

sofadoc

Technically, a scofflaw is one who habitually violates traffic or safety regulations.
So if I were jaywalking, and let out a loud boisterous laugh, it would be a "scofflaw guffaw". :D

If I encountered a nude jaywalker laughing manically, I might be prompted to exclaim "Oh pshaw! It's a scofflaw guffaw.....in the raw!"
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Ihavenoname

Quote from: bobbin on April 14, 2012, 06:55:38 am
" I'd really like to ask is how do you put a "water mark" on your original photography?  I am no photographer, but I do a lot of original work and I'm hesitant to share pictures of it with people I enjoy (you guys) because I don't know how to "stamp" it as my very own.  

Talking digital here right?
Down load Picasa photo editing from google. It's free and it does a pretty good job of photo editing and organizing.
It has an add text feature that takes about 2 minutes to master if you have some editing skill.

http://picasa.google.com/

Ask if you need more assistance.

bobbin

Thanks, One.!  I presently use Picturetrail and know it's time to dump it, but it's familiar and that counts for a lot with the computer challenged.  (sigh)

Yes, we're talking digital and I have several friends who could hold my hand if I can't figure it out on my very own. 

lamx

QuoteI really wander if she understand what she is doing or simply being a Scofflaw.

I had a similar thing happen. I got an email from a reader of my sewing machine blog informing me that one of the photos from my blog had been spotted on eBay. I went there and sure enough, some eBay seller in India was trying to sell my sewing machine on eBay! Your designer could be of a similar persuasion - having nothing of his/her own worthy of selling, is stealing photos of other people's work and trying to use them to generate income for himself/herself.

My case was easy, I just informed eBay of the auction and gave them a link to my blog article and the fake auction was taken down in a matter of minutes. Your case is a bit tougher.

Ed

sofadoc

Quote from: lamx on May 01, 2012, 02:27:04 am
My case was easy, I just informed eBay of the auction and gave them a link to my blog article and the fake auction was taken down in a matter of minutes.
I've seen a lot of E-bay sellers use borrowed (or stolen) photographs. It doesn't necessarily mean the auction is fake. It just means that they were too lazy to take their own picture. I don't know what E-bay's rule is regarding this. But they really should require a disclaimer in the item description if it's not an actual pic of the item up for sale..
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban