Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 14, 2024, 02:17:57 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

outdoor boxed cushions

Started by gene, June 13, 2017, 05:12:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

June 13, 2017, 05:12:40 am Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 05:14:02 am by gene
Hello,

I am looking at making boxed cushions for a bench 30 feet and a bench 9 feet. The 30 foot bench will have several boxed cushions and not one long cushion.

They will be in the outside part of the owners' box at the MLB stadium. They want to leave them outdoors during the season.

QuoteWhat fabric, foam, poly batting would you use?
There's a lot of discussion about Sattler, Racocril, Tempotest, Sunbrella Marine. A lot of it is for covers, etc.

My concern is that they will be staying outdoors all season long.

Thank you,

Gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

June 13, 2017, 06:36:17 am #1 Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 06:40:20 am by kodydog
I'm sure these are all great products but I don't think there is such thing as maintenance free fabric. The rep at Sunbrella told us dirt will get on the fabric and when this happens mold will form. It will not be an easy task cleaning the cushions in a stadium. I think they would be okay outside for the baseball season but after that bring them inside.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

SteveA

I have three sets of outdoor Sumbrella fabric cushions in my yard.  An off white color - over 20 years old and still look as good as the day I bought them.
I'm thinking the lighter the color the better it looks after a long period of time.
SA