Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 14, 2024, 04:28:54 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Little White Lies

Started by kodydog, April 22, 2017, 05:09:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

April 29, 2017, 08:40:17 am #30 Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 08:53:17 am by kodydog
We haven't had a delivery helper for over a 1-1/2 years. Rose helps me with the small stuff. On sofas she simply tells the customer if they can have someone there to lift one end they can save $60. Sometimes they have two helpers. :)

The supplied helper is always eager to help so the first thing I tell them is how hard it is to get the skirt to lay flat and please lift it. I can see a day in the near future we'll have to tell customers to have the sofa sitting outside and ready to load.

Red Neck couch moving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAuNCNMp0Go
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

Does anyone use plastic wrap to put around the chair/sofa to hold the skirt up? I got a box of 4 rolls of stretch wrap and have started using it. It is a bit of a pain to put on because you have to keep the skirts straight, but it does seem to make the moving easier.

I got the 4 rolls on an auction site for $3.00 plus tax. I think it was $45.00 retail.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

MinUph

We use stretch wrap a lot. For wrapping skirts up, wrapping bags on furniture. General wraping most anything. It is not bad when bought by the case I think I pay around 4 bucks a roll for the 4". In the 2 yrs and 4 months we have used a case and a half. The stuff is handy for many uses. The first roll I bought was from walmart I think. It cost 8 or so dollars. That is a bit much but worked for the testing. If anyone is interested I can post the company I get it from just dont know it off hand now.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

gene

The rolls I got at the auction are 18" wide. Trying to cut them down is on my "to do" list.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!