Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 20, 2024, 10:55:01 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

electric motor

Started by gene, July 07, 2016, 07:17:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

Howdy,

I thought I would start a thread off topic for a change.

I'm having trouble finding an answer on the internet, and thought someone on this forum might know.

A friend runs a hydraulic cylinder  to draw metal on a mandrel in order to make trumpet bells.

The motor is 12 volt and says "2400 rpm at 30 Amps. He uses two 12 volt truck batteries to run the motor. This hydraulic cylinder was originally on a truck that transports cars.

He wants to stop using truck batteries and be able to plug the motor into a regular 110 volt outlet.

Does anyone know what, where, how he can do this? I'm finding it interesting that an easy answer does not seem to be available.

Thanks,

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

MinUph

A powerful automotive battery charger will give you 12 VDC. 30 amps is quite a bit.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Darren Henry

We do this all the time over in the RV shop *. A battery charger is much less expensive than a converter and works just fine. I usually only use the 10 amp setting.

* bench testing motors etc... or running a pump to transfer fluids.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

gene

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I passed it along to my friend.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!