Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 07:18:29 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

New Addition Possible (4 Legged Kind)

Started by Virgs Sew n Sew, January 13, 2016, 10:57:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgs Sew n Sew

Missy did have her post adoption check-up with our vet.  She checked out healthy, happy and extremely smart.  Doc had her doing a roll-over in nothing flat.  As we suspected, Doc said she is not Australian Cattle Dog.  She said her coloring looks like she could have some tri-color border collie but she is short haired, so Doc was basically at a loss as far as a predominant breed.  If ever a dog was a Heinz 57, Missy is it.  Blood lines don't matter at all to Bob & I.  I just wanted a dog that had enough energy to keep pace with Joe and he struggles to keep up with her, so all is good.

They get to be "tighter" every day.  I think they are starting to figure out that this is forever as they aren't in quite as much of a frenzy to get outside and run now.  Sometimes they actually go out the door at a normal pace.  We've only had her about a week and a half and already we both cannot imagine our house without her. 

Joe is much more settled now.  All of his negative behaviors have stopped now, with the exception of him jumping up and barking at the top of his lungs for no apparent reason.  What an idiot.  So we still work with "No bark".  Sometimes he listens and sometimes he doesn't.  LOL

Virginia

Darren Henry

Quoteshe could have some tri-color border collie but she is short haired,

That would explain the speed. I'm not bragging up my old Buddy. The breed as a whole has that distinctive gate and wicked speed.

For those not familiar with the demonstration sport of "flyball" ; it's essentially a hurdle race down to a machine that the dog push against and it lobs out a tennis ball which they catch (or catch up to LOL) and run back. The little guys like Mike's Barkley and his sister are hilarious. They're just given 'er ---but their strides are only so long, so the progress is almost in slow-mo. Whole different story when those black and whites let loose. I don't recall ever seeing a border collie loosing to another breed.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

this is the first time ive had 2 dogs. they kep each other company whe im at work and active playing. this was 2 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/michael.mcmanus.18/videos/vb.1093922114/10201966223332545/?type=3&theater

there bigger now. and playing chase around my hot tub and gazebo are wearing my lawn thin  I saw a vedio on facebook  of a ball machine with dogs like that Darren