Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 12:21:20 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Phone Call To Bob Kovar

Started by Mojo, May 27, 2015, 02:39:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Chris: Hey Bob, I am having a problem with one of my servo motors.

Bob: What is it doing ?

Chris: When I rotate the wheel by hand it is real hard to turn. I removed the belt and found that it is the motor that turns hard, not the machine.

Bob: Have you tried depressing the pedal about a 1/4 - 3/8 of an inch ?

Chris: O M G......... Don't tell me this motor has a brake on it ?

Bob: Yup

Chris: Shit.......... OK, that fixed my problem. Now go find me a long arm machine.

End of conversation and my dummy move of the week.

Chris

gene

Operator error. I hate when that happens!

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Darren Henry

ROFL !!!! That is TOO funny Chris. It's also a little scary---If you're that "wound up" that you forgot which machines have brakes, you might want to stop and inhale. Might be time to let your new girl "Friday" carry a little more mail and have the missus (sorry I can never remember her name---I know Ingred is not right but that is what keeps popping up) toss some shrimp on the barbie and mix you a margarita one night at like 6:00 instead of working 'till 10:00. Just sayin' Bro.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

Darren, you were right - Ingrid. Funny you mention shrimp. We just had Bang Bang Shrimp Po Boys for dinner last night. Great meal.

Actually we have made Mindy our manager. She has taken over the company and now runs it. I cannot believe how quickly she caught on and how she is kicking butt. The customers love her as well.

I have assumed a back seat role and sew and handle all the technical phone calls that come in.
I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulder. It frees me up to start putting together
a new marketing program and arrange some strategic advertising ventures.

Business is still growing so I am happy. I am also happy I can finally sit in the evenings and relax rather then sew till 10 PM.

Life is good down here in the swamp.

Chris

Darren Henry

I guess my memory hasn't completely failed yet. At least not that I can remember LOL.

The "shrimp on the Barbie" was the first Aussie-ism I could think of, eh?
QuoteWe just had Bang Bang Shrimp Po Boys for dinner last night. Great meal.

Okay---I gotta ask. What exactly is that? Never heard anything called that up here. [Well; other than shrimp ---we pronounce that the same. GRIN]

QuoteLife is good down here in the swamp.

I am so glad to hear that !!! You were pushing yourself pretty hard from what I read between the lines. I swear I get more stoked hearing of nice folks like you and the rest here doing well than I do about any "positives" I have. Whether that is Virg. making headway with Joe, you growing without killing yourself and/or your marriage , Mike's brother John  doing so well so quick that Mike could move back into the new shop already, Karen giving up the "Safe- job" and re-opening her own shop where she is much happier---it's all great, and I feed vicariously off your successes.

I haven't read Joe's "report card" yet, but will find out. Our news details of the storms in Texas/Oklahoma are  pretty thin. "X number of people killed, X number evacuated , ----our home team 16 and under ball team lost again last night....." . How nasty was it down there? Would Karen and Bill have been in harm's way? I get that "mother -hen thing" when I only get a spinet of information like that. Dennis says he's okay, so hopefully they are far enough north to have dodge the worst.

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

Darren:

Thanks for your concerns. Your right I was pushing myself too hard and what changed my mind on hiring a manager is when things started falling through the cracks. I was just overwhelmed with orders and had to pull my big boy pants up and admit I could no longer handle things on my own. I didn't realize how much business had grown in the last 12 months until I found myself treading water. Mindy is a Godsend. She is OCD like I am, a great kid, hard worker, very reliable, dedicated and loyal. We really needed her and thankfully she loves the work. You know how stubborn a Marine can be. We never give up and just keep pushing ourselves.

Now in regards to Bang Bang Shrimp Po Boy. It is actually a cross between a Thai and Cajun meal and best described as a sub sandwich. You take medium sized shrimp, batter them in beer batter and then deep fry them. You place the shrimp on a hoagie bun ( sub bun ) and then add tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers and then layer all of it with a special sauce.

The sauce is a creamy thick thousand island dressing spiced up with cayene pepper and a heavy blend of cajun spices. It is out of this world fantastic. Now get busy and get cooking.

Chris

Darren Henry

QuoteNow get busy and get cooking.

I tried that for breakfast---but by the time I got enough shrimp all the way to the bun I was too full to make the sauce LOL. I sounds really good. I'll have to try it the next time Winnie's here. I might try it with a bit of that Thai dressing they use on the Thai noodle salad too.

Mojo

We like alot of heat in our food so we used alot of jalapeno and cayene pepper in our sauce. :)

Chris

Darren Henry

If you like heat serve them with Thai salad. OH, and lots of cold milk LOL.

Mike

May 31, 2015, 07:34:09 pm #9 Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 07:34:33 pm by Mike
Quote from: Darren Henry on May 28, 2015, 04:38:01 pm
Bang Bang Shrimp Po Boys

Okay---I gotta ask. What exactly is that? Never heard anything called that up here.

I never did either till I moved south though nobody around here sells them  
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Po'_boy

the history here theres a video that's  interesting
http://www.poboyfest.com/history

Mike

May 31, 2015, 07:41:31 pm #10 Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 07:43:49 pm by Mike
chris if you like heat try this I get it at publix market I put it on everyrthing from macoronie and pasta to chilie