Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 11:20:15 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

A fresh start Juki find

Started by brmax, May 20, 2015, 09:37:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

brmax

Sewn off in 06 as a paper I found in the manual, with original patch under the needle.
A situation that was good for me and as mentioned grateful by the seller owner, as other things suddenly made different priorities.
At the tailgate we chatted about some of her past upholstery work and my so so new adventure in this, conversations went to both are locations in different parts of the world in the years of our lives and the work and fun and realizing some of the same thoughts about things.
This was going to be her expansion to marine areas as having the past 30 in home furnishings on the side, as she was a Pro in another area as well yet life situations sometimes suc and are ended for some of our relations and when we finally move on through attrition and perseverance we look again for a new fresh start.
This young lady my senior kept the familiar workhorse and decided to part with this Juki 1541.

Brand new with the oil bottle of defrix at whatever a tank full is gone, 3 cones of nylon 69 and proper pro issue juki tooling with a couple 1/4, 3/8 cording feet.
Not that these machines change much as there made to work all day everyday you all no so well anyway, but I'm happy with it and It was not at give away for nothing purchase as time/year in mind things were a different price.

This is the third Juki I picked up and all together have less than 2 weeks sew time work between them as one had actual 1 week and others have my study, learning, adjusting, timing and general fiddling.
I would like to say the manufactures need better tops as this 3rd machine from doing nothing but sitting needs supporting structure as some others and I have had to build confronting this problem. This one is particle board with nota drip of oil splash on the wood that you can see, and even though the oil cup has some oil from wicks (from low mark to h mark).

I stopped and picked up some more resin to use on the exposed wood like I did the others. My thought was to strengthen and use as a barrier seal from oil splash, as with my others I will use some fiberglass cloth in some areas like around the inside cut perimeter and machine shelf cushion areas, the v belt slot also.
This is pretty easy and not being to sloppy I wont sand but very very little as that's not my idea at all.
Maybe tomorrow I can pick up some more 2"angle and a piece of flat from the machine shop and slow them down some by having the usual chat.
All this machine setup work I am confident will prove out, this has gave me some opportunity to learn a bit what would be beneficial in my small mind, I installed a 4 gang handy box on the k-stand right side with a 2 gang gfci receptacle, just organizing some electric cable a bit, so installing a new longer 14guage sjo cord also was needed with a lay-flat to wall plug, with all this I find myself liking same same so I ordered another 36" flex light from grainger, its one of many offered to table top work areas and mounted it to the right side table I can move it "totally out of my way when flipin the machine head.
This machine has the consew clutch and I have 2 new ones on a shelf now so ? anyone, I haven't a clue on freight. I have noticed one company sewquiet doesn't offer a positioner with there servo anymore though, surely can get parts I hope if I need for one motor.
Though I cuss it some it is lazily sweet for a newbie I do say, the other standard one is plenty nice.

Some day I will possibly learn the post pictures programs thing and bore ya with them.

But Enough, and Just thanks for you guidance and support from the site GREAT PLACE!  later