Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 11:21:38 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Buying supplies

Started by CW, April 16, 2015, 11:05:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CW

Thanks for all the advise, definitely gave me thought to ponder. I have placed several applications with companies. Most were willing to take on a customer that is not been 'established'. Apparently, being established for some means being in business for a very long time, but not sweating it. I can be a snob too. LOL

On another note, while I want to keep my supplies as cheap as possible, there are some things that I bought retail locally that I know I will not use a lot of in the beginning. I thought about visiting with local upholsterers for some supplies, but when I saw the cost of shipping with my wholesalers, I knew they deal with those same issues. Don't want to put them in that situation.

Over all, starting with must haves and adding as needed.
"Yard by yard, life is hard. Inch by inch, it's a cinch." ~Unknown

brmax

I am confident that the overly large ego companies that act that way have suppliers they primarily sell to for reselling.
I was po when getting numbers and certs,  that many could care less.
So if purchasing with a card and for small amounts and the company is not in your state rock on.
Other than that ask some established to order and ship to another local and visa them the amount.
This is a small world, but shipping is where to be at?
I didn't catch your state so that might help a bit, but some local supplier could know of a route person and there is none that didn't want to sell.