Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 02:02:42 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Wendys lunch while working

Started by gene, February 22, 2015, 07:54:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

The Subject line gets me into the world of upholstery, sort of.

I have been trying to get my family members to stop buying store and restaurant gift cards for many years now. I think we lose money by losing the gift cards, or lose money by never using the gift cards.

My wife gave me a $15.00 Wendys gift card for Valentines' Day. I used it last Monday at Wendys for $8 and some change to buy lunch. I went to Wendys on Thursday to use the remainder on the card and it was $0.00.

I emailed Wendys HQ. I had used the card at 11:33a.m on Monday, and they said the remainder of the card was used at 11:40a.m. that same day. HQ said the store manager will contact me and if not, I am to contact HQ again.

If I don't get my money back, I am thinking I will file a theft complaint with the local police, and send a letter of complaint to the Ohio Attorney General in regards to Ohio Consumer Protection Laws, and send a letter of complaint to the FBI because this may fall under the Wire Fraud laws since there was an electronic transfer used to steal my money.

I'm thinking it will take me less time to write my letters than it would for Wendys to give me back my money.

The power of the peoples!

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

At Xmas time, my MIL gives out gift cards. Unbeknownst to her, we all give our cards to the poorest cousin in the family, who appreciates them very much.

That cousin has reported similar experiences. Every now and then, a card that should still have some value left on it shows empty. I assume that unscrupulous employees have figured out how to double-swipe the remaining balance on the cards.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

Update: I got an email from the store manager. As I tell my tale to others it seems having money stolen from your gift card is not too uncommon.

My thought is that the cashier rang my order and swiped my gift card and closed out that transaction. She then swiped the card a second time for the amount remaining on the card. I drove off. She then completed the second swipe transaction several minutes later and she took cash out of the drawer at some point to balance the register.

gene

sofadoc

Quote from: gene on February 25, 2015, 05:41:31 am
My thought is that the cashier rang my order and swiped my gift card and closed out that transaction. She then swiped the card a second time for the amount remaining on the card. I drove off. She then completed the second swipe transaction several minutes later and she took cash out of the drawer at some point to balance the register.
This is what happens when a business hires employees at minimum wage. They steal. But even if they doubled their salary, they would probably still steal.

I have a friend who uses gift cards a lot. She always asks the cashier to tell her how much is remaining on the card, and instructs them to write that amount on the card somewhere with a Sharpie. The back of her card will typically look something like this:

$50   $33   $15     $7    $2.95
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

February 25, 2015, 06:30:54 pm #4 Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:34:03 pm by kodydog
Ooooo! I like that. When he hands the card back, look at his name tag then look right in his eyes and say, thank you Thomas (assuming that's his real name). That should just about do it.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

My saga has come to an end. I tried to find my receipt for the day that I paid cash when they said my card was $0.00 balance, and I could not find it.

What I realized is that this Wendy's never gives receipts when you pay cash at the drive-thru. I wonder why? I told the general manager that he might want to wonder why more than me.

If they look at their security video they will see that I paid cash and did not use the card, even though the remainder of the card was taken off the card at that exact same time, (they swiped the card and then told me the balance was zero), but, I don't think there's a snowball's chance in Greenville, TX that they will do that.

Transaction History for Card: 639549*****5913131*
Date   Action   Amount   Location
Feb 18 2015 11:40:01 AM   Forced redeem   $-6.57 USD   CO_US_02532_00260
Feb 16 2015 11:33:15 AM   Forced redeem   $-8.43 USD   CO_US_02532_00260
Feb 14 2015 04:31:11 PM   Activate   $15.00 USD   Incomm USA Activations

I paid cash on Feb 18 2015 because they said my card had a zero balance.

And, it could have been a computer glitch and not an act of thievery.

Anyway, my hopes of uncovering a massive international electronic scam being run by the Russian mafia involving blackmail and extortion of Wendy's and other fast food restaurants, who eventually find out that I am the one who was responsible for Interpol, MI6, the CIA, and other police agencies ending their massive scam costing them millions of dollars and putting many of their members in prison, and they come to my town to kill me but blow up the house next door and I feel bad but I never really liked those people anyway, have been dashed onto the rocks like a cheap boat made in China fighting against a category 5 hurricane.

gene

bobbin

Easy fix.  Make and bring your lunch to work (have a lunch box and a thermos?).  Or  (in my case) go into your home and make your own. 

Wendy's, Chili's, Applebee's? no thanks! too much money for something I can make for myself and that won't come loaded with fat and sodium... (and for a lot less $).