Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 07:19:54 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

spraying glue

Started by Mike, February 25, 2015, 05:23:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

Darren mentioned how the sprayer won't stand up on it's own. It comes with an 1/8" threads for the air fitting. Those fittings are hard to find (when they need to be replaced)  so I added a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter (the brass colored piece). Now I can fit a normal 1/4" quick disconnect fitting on it and it will stand upright by itself.

I keep a case of empty Mason jars on the shelf. When a jar accumulates a little glue build-up on it, I just throw it away and replace it with a new one. I occasionally clean the lid and nozzle area with MEK and a wire brush.

And I keep a piece of wire in the siphon tube when not in use.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

February 28, 2015, 08:24:51 pm #16 Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:27:41 pm by Mike
the weld wood can recommend there own solvent wich I didn't have or to use xzylene or toluene  I bought bolth after I found laquere thinner gumed up the glue  toluene work great  and I got all the headliner up today

Darren Henry

QuoteWhat glue is repositionable

Sorry Brmax, meant to include this in my last post but forgot.

I don't know of a repositionable glue but I have seen people put a piece of wax paper on "the object" after the glue has tacked up and then laid the material on---scooted it around ---and then removed the wax paper allowing the two glued surfaces to bond.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

brmax

Hey Mike headliner looks good there. That looks a bit different than an auto that has lots smaller removable pressed backer board stuff. good work
Thanks Darren I was curious with some types, Im pretty familiar with the wax paper technique you describe as my Gramps showed that trick with applying formica. The yellow glue is a one time positioning only wasn't sure on the clear type and the wait to dry positioning times.

Thanks Guys

Mike

I used to work at a office furniture company and when glueing formica we would pay thin stips of wood on the panel when lay the formica on it and aloine then remove the strips slowly

MinUph

Quote from: Mike on March 01, 2015, 05:00:21 pm
I used to work at a office furniture company and when glueing formica we would pay thin stips of wood on the panel when lay the formica on it and aloine then remove the strips slowly

Yes long dowel rods work great too.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

BlueFlamingo

When I was a remodel contractor I used old venetian blind slats to suspend the formica above the glued plywood.