Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 03:28:35 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

arthritis

Started by gene, March 05, 2015, 06:26:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

March 05, 2015, 06:26:08 pm Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 06:26:53 pm by gene
Howdy,

My personal medical massage therapist, well, she's my niece, but she's still a medical massage therapist, took a continuing education class recently on preventing arthritis.

She said the best treatment for hands that do any repetitive motion, such as what we upholsterers do, is a wax paraffin bath.

We've talked about this before and I know some of you have used this and some are still using this. I'm planning on getting mine tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. I'll let you know how it works.

I'll also deduct it as a business expense.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

brmax

Sounds Hot do they have umbrella drinks!
Keep us posted

kodydog

My wife's alternative medicine Dr. let her borrow his. She loves it.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

SteveA

Aleve is my therapist
SA

cajunpedaler

I have a severe life threatening allergy to NSAIDS.  I
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success. If at first you fail, redefine failure.

Darren Henry

I have not used one of those wax pots personally, but I can attest to their benefits. My friend Murray that had the sign shop where we did  much hand carving and he did much hand painting bought ?/was gifted one and it worked worked wonders for his hands. Upholstery is not as bad on the mitts as carving signs or making shoes---but I still have to soak my hands in hot water some times to loosen them up. And I'm still of punk of 50 15/16ths .
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

kodydog

Darren Henry, I love reading your posts. Sometimes I have to read them several times to get that, aah ha moment. But this time you got me stumped.

What is "punk of 50 15/16ths?" I googled it with no results.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Darren Henry

I don't turn 51 till near the end of the month.GRIN
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

gene

I did my first wax bath on my hands last night. It was hot. I whimpered like a scarred puppy.

My hands look younger. They really do.

They feel swollen.

I'll let you know in a few weeks if this helped my hands to be stronger, which is one of the main reasons that I want to try this.

I'll let you know in 15 or so years if it helped to prevent arthritis, assuming that I can still use my hands to type by then.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!