Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 04:24:30 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Only in America

Started by sofadoc, October 19, 2014, 09:46:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgs Sew n Sew

Quote from: gene on October 21, 2014, 06:18:39 pm

SofaD: Is that manager a racist or just being smart? Our mainstream news media gives us 24/7 of Rodney King, Trayvon Martin, Ferguson, etc., etc., etc. AND, the appearance that the 'black community' supports these thugs and criminals as heroes.

Race bating obviously sells advertising.

gene

The reason that you see so much 24/7 is because FoxNoise has decreed that is how they are going to portray black America, trying to undermine race relations, IMO.  The remainder of the major news networks follows them not quite in lock step but very close.  Trayvon Martin's death should never have happened.  The cards are still out in Ferguson but there were things that happened by the Police/Governor of Missouri that should not have happened in the USofA.

Virginia

sofadoc

Ferguson, Mo. is all back page news now. We got ebola to worry about for now (until the next big news story comes along).

I've been watching CNN during the day. Only because they don't show the exact same clips on a continuous loop every 20 minutes. But I have to say........they DO ram their own opinions down your throat.

When the whole Adrian Petersen child whipping case was front and center, one of CNN's so-called "experts" stated that the reason that whipping is still so prevalent in the southern states is because people in the south tend to be poor and uneducated.

As for network news coverage of stories involving racism..................they have to play up the racism angle on every story, because non-racism is a non-story.

Take the Hannah Graham case. They have to assess blame to any law enforcement who has ever let her alleged killer slip through their fingers. Of course, if they had tracked him down and arrested him sooner, then it would have been a case of racism.

When Obama slipped up and said that we "don't have a strategy for defeating ISIS yet", CNN spent the next 3 full days analyzing it to death. Then thankfully for Obama, Ray Rice punched his wife out.

Then I was informed for the next several days that the woman was 100% totally blameless, even though she was just as drunk and belligerent as Ray Rice. And she married him anyway.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Virgs Sew n Sew

The ebola coverage is just outrageous!  Bob & I were talking about that last night.  If you watch most of the major players, we should hole up in our houses.  Simple fact is that of the cases hospitalized in the US, there is an 80% success rate.  The only one who died was initially sent home by the hospital.  I'd still like to know why.  He had a fever (103 degrees) and told them that he had been in an Ebola identified country.  I want to think it was because he didn't have health insurance, not because he was a gentleman of color.

At any rate, I don't believe that Ebola is going to become a huge risk in America.  We will need to isolate folks on occasion (for their protection as well as the other denizens of their cities) and most importantly wherever the person is hospitalized, protocols MUST be followed.  Anderson Cooper interviewed a nurse from Texas Presby Hospital and there was no protocol for several days and even after they got protective gear, there was like a 2" triangle at the neckline that was exposed.  Hospital officials said that's the way it is don't question it.  Huh?  You betcha I would have questioned it.  Saw this morning that they will not be taking any more Ebola patients should the need arise.  I view that as a good thing!

Virginia

Mojo

I truly believe I have a better chance of getting run over by a train then ever contracting Ebola.

This drive by media is partially to blame for this countries ill's.

Chris

Virgs Sew n Sew

Quote from: Mojo on October 22, 2014, 07:12:00 am

This drive by media is partially to blame for this countries ill's.

Chris

Yup, very much to blame.  But doing what they do is what sells papers and gets viewers glued to their screens.  It all comes down to greed. 

You know the Bible used to talk about the love of greed being an evil.  Now it is that it can be evil or some such nonsense.  I think too that depends on what version of the Bible you buy.  But how greed can be anything other than evil is beyond me.  Don't get me wrong.  I want to make money, that is why I keep raising prices until I get competitive but I'm not hung up on being "filthy rich".  I just don't want to have to worry about money. 

The country as a whole though has become way too greedy.  Cure the greed and you would cure the majority of the problems in America.

Virginia

SteveA

Virginia
Don't worry - we're not getting rich in this business except for what's in your heart which money can't buy !
SA

Virgs Sew n Sew

Yup, that is what I love about this site.  It is about helping each other.  When you individually talk about what you do, there is such pride in your craftsmanship and always trying to do what is best for your customer.  Now, if we could get more folks like what I see on this website, the world would truly be a better place.  Y'all truly ROCK!

Virginia