Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 04, 2024, 06:34:52 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Excited

Started by kodydog, October 19, 2014, 10:52:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

Congrats! all three of you have received the big white frozen thumb. ??? Do I get extra Timbits for "International Endorsements" ?LOL.

Nice job(s) on all 3 ---very professional looking.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Darren Henry

And there's one for you.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

I liked all of you. Here is our page ( which needs revamping ). https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stone-Vos-Inc/101637293341450

Ed, did you know there is an upholstery company called Ladd's Upholstery in Illinois ?
Dennis, did you know there is an upholsterer named Tom Payne ? How is that for a coincidence. :)

I use my sons servers for hosting my website. He was nice enough to provide Dad with all the server space I needed. Most of his clients are large corporations ( Yahoo, NFL, NBA, MBA, ABC, CBS, etc. ). I do believe he has hosting available for small companies but unless you really know what your doing in setting up a website his service isn't for you. Your better off going to one of the services that provides assistance and programs like Go Daddy to build your website. His is more geared towards already designed websites and e-commerce. They also provide the software and servers to run forums like this one. Some of their clients have over 15,000 users and take up numerous servers. I think the last I checked they had over 400 servers in their data center in Michigan and a couple hundred in Dallas.

Chris

Chris

Mike

curious Cheis what is the meaning of stone vos?

Mojo

Stone is my Grandmothers maiden name. Vos is my wifes Grandmothers maiden name. I felt it sounded better then my last name which is so long and impossible to pronounce. :)

Chris

kodydog

I liked everyone's pages and thanks for liking mine.

Mojo, I have an Uncle (in his 80's) and his daughter and 2 sons all graduated from Michigan State. Needless to say they are all huge Spartan fans. Goooo green.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

ahh, me I never knew my grandmother  on moms side and grandma on dads was a step ma I never knew there maiden names and nobody left to ask

Virgs Sew n Sew

Quote from: Mike on October 21, 2014, 08:30:27 pm
ahh, me I never knew my grandmother  on moms side and grandma on dads was a step ma I never knew there maiden names and nobody left to ask
If you have your parent's birth or death certificate's, you will probably find their maiden names.  My mother's maiden name is on my birth certificate.  I believe that my grandmother's maiden name is on my mother's death certificate and the same is true for my father's death certificate.  In that manner, you can back into it.

You might also just try googling it.  I did that after my mother died, looking for an obit in another town and found that a cousin was into ancestry and had gone all the way back to the "Old Country".

Also, there is a web site (can't remember it) that you can go to.  Maybe it's "myancestry.com" and they will help you to find your roots.  It's much easier today than 50 years ago.

Virginia