Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 25, 2024, 07:51:39 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Our Dog Carly

Started by Virgs Sew n Sew, August 18, 2014, 08:14:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

September 04, 2014, 04:23:26 pm #30 Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 04:26:23 pm by gene
Glad to hear Carly is out of the woods, or getting out of the woods. Dogs should only go into the woods to poop. Our dogs and cats really can grab our hearts.

My Labrador has cataracts and is blind. $3500 for surgery. I can't see that happening. (Neither can he.) I'm thinking of putting a pair of sunglasses on my dog and taking him into stores and restaurants with me and telling people I am a "seeing eye person" for my blind dog. I'll bet most people will think that's a great idea.  :)

Oh, I've had some medical pains this year and I keep spending money on tests and they keep finding everything is OK. My blood work came out perfect also. (I have something in common with Carly.) On the way to my most recent hospital visit for more tests last week, I told my wife that I sure hope they find something wrong because I feel like I'm spending all this money for nothing. She was not amused!

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Darren Henry

QuoteMy Labrador has cataracts and is blind. $3500 for surgery. I can't see that happening. (Neither can he.) I'm thinking of putting a pair of sunglasses on my dog and taking him into stores and restaurants with me and telling people I am a "seeing eye person" for my blind dog. I'll bet most people will think that's a great idea.

ROFL, Buddy was the same way and actual deaf at the end. Thank gawd for the arthritis! He was the former "fastest land animal in N.W Ontario" in his prime.  How do you fetch that back up if it decides to book ??? LOL.

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Virgs Sew n Sew

Many years ago, we had a Siberian Husky.  That boy jumped our neighbor's 5 foot chain link fence without touching it.  ARGHHH.  He spent many years on a chain because we didn't think a 6 foot fence would contain him.  When we got Guenther (St Bernard), I swear he would stick his head over the fence and gravity would take its toll and he'd slither over the fence like a snake.  I wasn't going to have 2 dogs chained up, so we ponied up for a 6 foot fence (we had 7 lots to fence so it was a few $$$$'s).  When the fence was done, we let Billy (Husky) out the door.  He tried and tried to jump it.  He'd make a mad dash and just when he'd need to jump he would brake and then pace the yard whining.  He did that half dozen or so times and then obviously figured out there are worse things in life than not being able to jump a fence and became perfectly content to run the yard with Guenther and our other 2 mixed breed dogs.  LOL

Back to Carly, she had her last packet of meds mixed in with wet food on Sunday.  Had one and only one poop yesterday and it looked pretty normal.  Keeping fingers and toes crossed that we have weathered this crisis as she really is a sweetheart.

Virginia