Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 08:23:16 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Quickbooks

Started by byhammerandhand, September 09, 2014, 01:32:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

Interesting article on Quickbooks by a consulting firm:
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http://shar.es/118qJw&t=9+Reasons+Why+QuickBooks+Still+Rules+The+Accounting+World,+Even+As+The+Cloud+Takes+Over

(hope that link via Facebook works)

I've been using Quickbooks since I started the company and like it.   Even though I've had a few accounting courses and my wife is a CPA, I find it invaluable in running the business.   I always say that it has you do double entry bookkeeping without knowing it.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

gene

Do you have a link that is not Facebook protected? I'm one of 3 people remaining in the USA that have not signed onto Facebook.

Not knowing what your article is about, I recently read an article that said QB will eventually be declining in usage because more and more people are using the i cloud where there are more choices than just QB. The author may have just bought stock in Apple. I do wonder about security in putting all my info on the internet.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

MinUph

I doubt qb will go away anytime soon. Qbo is qb online ocloudl version. There are many cloud accounting packages all ready.  I've tried afew. None stack up well to the desktom version of qb.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

mike802

I also use Quick Books and love it, I do not trust the cloud!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

byhammerandhand

I have not fully investigated "cloud computing."   But I spent 30 years doing mainframe software and don't see a lot of differences other than the name.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

MinUph

Qbonline is much less than the desktop version in regards to features.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

SteveA

Gene - make it 4 if you count me.
I have two alphabet manila folders - one is invoice due - then transferred to the other folder when it's paid.
Accounts with all their technology can't pay on time - pay twice or pay the wrong amount. Primitive - I know !
SA

Darren Henry

Back when I had my own shop I used "Tablet 1.0" but soon found out I had to upgrade to 1.1. I needed the eraser to go with my ledgers and pencil.  :D

Back then MYOB ( mind your own business) was getting better reviews from both ladies that did my taxes etc... and some of their other clients who where friends of mine. Just sayin'.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!