Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 04:18:22 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

happy 4th

Started by Darren Henry, July 04, 2014, 04:24:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

July 04, 2014, 04:24:40 pm Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 06:47:52 am by Darren Henry
Just thought I'd take a minute and wish all my "Merican buddies on here a great Independence Day. Ya'll got lucky---it fell on Friday this year. Our Canada day was on Tuesday.I was going to use some banked time on Monday and have 4 days to go back to Kenora and work on my deck, but the forecast was rain.

Probably the same system that flooded everything here in SW Manitoba and eastern Saskatchewan. we had more rain in June than any year since 1902, so the ground is saturated,rivers etc.. are high and then we got hit with a week of heavy rain. Five inches Saturday alone here in Brandon and heavier south and East of here. Fields are 3 and 4 feet under water, roads washed out or closed due to overland flooding, twenty some communities cut off. Now all that water is heading east from Sask. through the Souris and Assiniboine (sp) rivers . The assinaboine runs right through Brandon and is projected to flood as bad as it did in 2011 (300 year high). In 11 they sandbagged my street which is a major thoroughfare and bridges the river 3 blocks north of me. This year they just closed it off and let 'er flow. The other major street that crosses the river and accesses the Transcanada highway is down to one lane as they shore up dykes over there. Traffic is a gong show tonight. So I guess I can't whine about my wet floors and injured back.

Didn't due much on Canada between sore back.receiving some "troublesome news" and bilging the cave--- EVERY BODY ELBOW OVER, I'M JOINING YA'LL. If June sits in Mike's shirt  pocket she can reach the bar  :D, Karen can just set her sarsaparilla on one of those coffee cup holders on the back of a chair for on her way by from l---ike wherever, Dennis needs to sit between me and speaker so I can hear  him, my favorite Jar-head (Yes I capitalized it Chris LOL) shouldn't have a problem "projecting his voice" ---We can squeeze my fat arse in I'm sure. PARTY ON, DUDE(ETTE)S.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

July 04, 2014, 08:52:38 pm #1 Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 08:53:45 pm by Mike
today i didn't bother working , first I took my jetski on the harbor this  morning to see the freedom swim across the peace river people swin about a mike, word is some of the ladies loose there suits along the way  :)  then I spent some time at the beach with my brother

after diner took the boat out to watch the firework over the harbor

hurricane auther sucked some nice dry weather the first time I havnt seen rain on the 4rth

bobbin

Overcast in the morning here, very humid.  It developed into a steady rain in the afternoon and all night long.  It was nice, actually; we needed the rain.  I did some estimates, a little cutting, and it was a nice day.  No holiday for me! (or the husband).

kodydog

July 07, 2014, 06:24:32 pm #3 Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 06:39:05 pm by kodydog
We invited my mom to spend the weekend and it soon blossomed into a 4 day weekend entertaining 11 people. Including my nephew and his newest girlfriend (unannounced) and my other nephew with his screaming 3 year old. We barbequed, picnicked, canoed, swam in the Suwannee River, had a campfire, sang songs, told stories, lit fireworks, and fired guns. All American holiday.

And I forgot to mention 4 dogie guests also.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html