Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 02:37:50 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

f;orida rainy season in in full swing

Started by Mike, June 18, 2014, 01:12:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

this morning got a 33 yard mooroing cover patterned at a dealers it was nice to have it inside out of the sun. but I got it done had a early lunch and as ive moved back into my home shop it is nice to spend time with my pups in the grass. before sewing some boat seats

it was a nice blue sky and puffy clouds

but now its pouring out and I forgot a left the car out and the top down I had to run and move it

bobbin

That afternoon thunderstorm thing is so not New England.  Today was really the first day I've felt as though "summer" is here (it's mid-80s) and I asked the husband about putting the "ice machine" in the window.  I love open windows and my awnings help cut down on heat transfer a lot, but I know we'll get a few of those really hot, really sticky days pretty soon.  And having AC for those makes life in the shop a lot more comfortable.  It was easy to install, and maybe this year I'll learn how to operate remote control feature (I know, I know). 

Thunderstorms predicted for tonight/tomorrow... will I get the 7 peonies in the perennial beds staked in time?  (stay tuned)

Mike

The nice thing bobbin os acter i. The. 90s its 75 and brezzy watching the rain now on my patio.

JuneC

Yesterday was a complete washout.  I think it rained for 6 or 7 hours without stopping (some times harder than others, of course).  Today it was hot and sunny (and humid) till 2 or so.  Then it moved in.  Rained non-stop till 6:30.  In 2 days I'd bet we've had 4 or 5 inches, all told.  Upper level low and a tropical wave means rain.  Tomorrow the prediction is 80% again.  If we don't drown, the mosquitoes will kill us in a week.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

bobbin

The mosquitos are in full force here in Maine, too.  When the dog and I go out in the morning they descend on both of us.  Time to get the plastic curtains off the porch and get the screen on!

Mojo

It is the Gulf of Mexico thunderstorm season. In our area they blow in, it rains, storms and blows like crazy and then leaves in 30 minutes to an hour. We get alot of rain though in that 30 minutes to an hour.

Did I mention the bloody humidity ? The older I get the worse it is.

Typical summertime tropical weather pattern in Florida.

Chris

Mike

that's  the trouble if the sun come back out l the other evening it was cloudy and went down to 75 :)

today I loaded 2 boat seats to delever about 3 pm ans I was driving over the peace river bridge it started pouring when I got to the customers house 5 minutes later the sun was out again

Darren Henry

Soggy here in SW Manitoba too. Spring has been so wet that lots of cropland couldn't be sewn. I don't know how much rain we got Wed. night be we had 3" yesterday at the airport. One co-worker recorded 4& 6/10ths here in the city. The last mile of the road to work is a gravel road ---complete goat rodeo !!! Posted speed is 90 clicks or roughly 55, at 60 (42mph) the only thing more likely to fall out than the front end of my van was my teeth!
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!