Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 10:26:15 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Outdoor cushions

Started by sofadoc, April 20, 2014, 12:06:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgs Sew n Sew

Love the fabric Kody.  I did indoor cushions for a couch/loveseat combo with a similar fabric last fall.  It was more oranges/reds and definitely would keep you up at night : ) but the lady and her family just loved them.  Like you, I just used the old fabric for a pattern and hoped the upholstery Gods were smiling on me.

I also did an ottoman for a 92 year old lady with the wildest paisley print I've ever seen.  She was delighted with it and kept joking about keeping her visitors awake when they were her family room.  She and her hubby were just jewels to work with.  He was a WWII Vet and just an absolute doll.

Sorry, rambling again.  But I think the cushions look fabulous!

kodydog

We just finished two swivel rockers for a couple both in their 90's. He also was a WWII Vet. He took me into his trophy room. He had some awesome memorabilia. Not to many of those folks around anymore.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Darren Henry

June 05, 2014, 03:31:20 pm #17 Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 03:38:27 pm by Darren Henry
sorry to thread jack;

QuoteHe also was a WWII Vet. He took me into his trophy room. He had some awesome memorabilia. Not to many of those folks around anymore.

Tomorrow (Friday June 6) is the 70 th anniversary of D-Day, the invasion of northern France that established a beach head to allow the liberation of Europe. The Manitoba contingent has only 5 veterans who saw action that day and 60 some who were in reserve or combat service support who were able to make the trip to the ceremony.BTW 369 young Canadians paid the ultimate price that day on Juno beach.

LEST WE FORGET
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

sofadoc

Quote from: Darren Henry on June 05, 2014, 03:31:20 pm
Tomorrow (Friday June 6) is the 70 th anniversary of D-Day, the invasion of northern France that established a beach head to allow the liberation of Europe. The Manitoba contingent has only 5 veterans who saw action that day and 60 some who were in reserve or combat service support who were able to make the trip to the ceremony.BTW 369 young Canadians paid the ultimate price that day on Juno beach.

LEST WE FORGET

Thanks to our fallen heroes, I can also say that tomorrow is my 37th wedding anniversary, as well as my daughter's 24th birthday.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Darren Henry

congrats; close the shop early and have a celebration with your ladies.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Virgs Sew n Sew

Yup, those who served in WWII truly were "the Grand Generation"

I served in the 70's and I cannot imagine the folks I served with doing the heroic acts with almost certainty that they weren't going to survive.  Those folks are my definition of heroes.

Mike

June 11, 2014, 04:42:05 am #21 Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 04:45:32 am by Mike
Quote from: kodydog on June 05, 2014, 09:40:54 am. Not to many of those folks around anymore.

My dad was a navy vet of the 50s  he was a auiney pig one of the mem on ship deck covering there eyes when the atomic test were done in the marshal islands.
Not a wat vet  but one of the most interesting guy i met 15 years ago was a old gentleman
Who syRted to visit my shop on e n awhile he was in his 90s then he was a pilot who had flown with lindberg   He had some cool stories of his old harley riding early days of bikes.  I bought a vintage suzuki of him that looked like showroom condition. Just stored it. In a barn.
He drove a big checkered cab when i knew him for fun.
Earl Harding.  Rip