Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2024, 04:29:22 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

T-Top Lace Length

Started by regalman190, June 06, 2014, 09:41:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

regalman190

Hi all. Working on my first lace up t-top. Is there a formula for determining the length of nylon chord needed for a t-top? Don't want to have to pull through a 1000 ft. Of chording if I don't need to.
Regal Canvas

Mike

joe I have a diaghram somwewere how I lace ill have to look but I measure off 3 time the length aroung the top and start in the front center and the middle of the line start lacing each way I go up a hole over to the next down the hole out over the pipe around and under and back up the same hole over to the next hole down out over the pipe around and back up the same hole over to the next hole  repeat., I lace so far one side and a large pony clamp will hold it and I can then lace the other side as far and clamp it tight moving back and forth

JuneC

No formula.  I always guesstimated and added another 10 to 15 feet.  Cord is cheap.  Also, I used to use zip ties to hold the top in place with correct tension and position when lacing.  Just lace the whole thing up and cut the zips out afterwards.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

Joe by working crom the center out you also only pull half the line through all the holes yes two sides but it s easier then pulling the entire liner going around in one pass

regalman190

Thanks. The engineer side of me wants a formula but that can't always be.
Regal Canvas

Mike

June 08, 2014, 09:12:06 am #5 Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 04:49:53 am by Mike
Like i said 3xs the length around i always have enough a d not way to much.

What i meat joe was it is enought to safly have lace it loose after you tighten it ( and  get blidters ) you have more length