Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 10:16:32 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

OK, Which One of You Lost $ 40 K ??

Started by Mojo, May 15, 2014, 09:30:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Amazing story. I have read here about you furniture folk who have found all kinds of things
stuffed in furniture. But have any of you found $ 40 K ?

These kids did:  http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/college-students-find--40-000-in-their-couch-143236171.html

This couch may have come from Dennis or Keith's shop. They were probably short on foam but long on cash and said " Hey, what the heck, might as well use some hundred dollar bill's I don't need. ".

Chris

SteveA

I admire the folks who turned in the money but $ 1000.00 reward isn't much of a thank you.

10 Years ago I was picking up a breakfront to refinish and when we tipped it over to load on the van an envelop with $ 900.00 fell off the top and hit my Son on the arm.  We opened it up - saw the cash and returned it.  When the piece was ready it was going out of state so the customer contracted a delivery service that I recommended.  At delivery there was a small chip on the foot so the customer deducted $ 150.00 from my COD balance.  I didn't want to charge my delivery service for the chip; but it makes you think how some folks are brutal to deal with and regrets can remain after a good deed.
SA

sofadoc

May 15, 2014, 06:01:57 pm #2 Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 07:33:12 pm by sofadoc
Quote from: SteveA on May 15, 2014, 10:15:29 am
10 Years ago I was picking up a breakfront to refinish and when we tipped it over to load on the van an envelop with $ 900.00 fell off the top and hit my Son on the arm.  We opened it up - saw the cash and returned it.  When the piece was ready it was going out of state so the customer contracted a delivery service that I recommended.  At delivery there was a small chip on the foot so the customer deducted $ 150.00 from my COD balance.
I think the lesson here is: Don't give back the money until AFTER they've paid the bill.  ;)
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

Darren Henry

QuoteBut have any of you found $ 40 K ?

It wasn't 40 G's; but a similar thing happened to my grandfather. He had always been neighbourly and helped out an older widow who lived near them. From her death bed she insisted he take this ratty old hat of hers. She wouldn't take no for an answer so he took it home and hung it up in the porch. After the old gal passed on Granny started bugging him to get rid of the ugly old hat. Something kept intriguing him about the feel of the hat so before he tossed it in the woodstove he cut the lining out and found a couple of hundred dollars cash. In 195?, on a quarter section farm, that was alot of money.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

kodydog

An upholsterers dream. To strip down a sofa and find a wad of cash inside. Do you return the money or not? The customer would never have sent the piece to be reupholstered if they knew there was money inside. But what if the deceased husband stuck it in there unbeknown to the widowed wife?

Or what if the piece was purchased at Goodwill? Do you try to find the original owner?

The decorator where I used to work found a gold neckless in the parking lot. They put it in the file cabinet for safe keeping. That was 6 months ago. How long before she gets to take it home?
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html