Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 09:31:39 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Double needle long arm - Who has one?

Started by sinethomas, April 08, 2014, 01:37:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sinethomas

I find myself doing more and more double diamond and square pleat work lately and I am thinking of going the route of a double needle long arm. Im looking at a highlead right now and may pull the trigger on one next week.

Any of you guys and gals have a double needle long arm? Any thoughts on them? All help and advice is welcomed.

bobbin

A guy I used to work for had one.  As I recall it was not a stock machine; a machine shop cut the head on a regular size double needle and stretched it (I think it was based on a Pfaff).  It had a tendency to "bounce" at higher speeds and it was finicky.  It had a roller on the back to facilitate smooth stitching on long runs. 

Mike

Mojo just got a double needle.
Im sure he will spot this thread soon .

Mojo

I have two Highlead twin needle machines. One just got delivered last week and the other last year.
They are the standard armed models.

There is a pretty big price jump from a Highlead twin needle to a Consew or Juki. I have had very little problem with my older Highlead but it is going into the shop next week to get re-timed and to have a take up spring replaced.

It has had the hell run out of it for the last year as it is my primary machine. I think it has held up
well considering the amount of time it has had to run ( 6-7 days a week ).

I bought mine from Bob Kovar a supplier who supports this forum.

Chris

Mike

April 08, 2014, 05:44:17 am #4 Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:44:55 am by Mike
What shop mojo i found a old guy in fort myers here buy for hos long?