Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 10:23:01 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Upholstery Gun

Started by sinethomas, April 12, 2014, 11:41:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sinethomas

I am wanted to purchase an upholstery gun and stapler. I have been using the BEA long nose at my class, however to purchase this model and silent compressor is quite expensive.

I have looked at JA Milton, however does anyone else have any other recommendations.

Thanks

sofadoc

In reading your other recent posts, I see that you have taken upholstery classes......... and are planning to start an upholstery business.........and are currently starting some personal projects.

My question is, how serious are you? Is your business going to be your full-time career? Or is it going to be part-time for fun and profit?

If full-time, you'll be happier if you spend the money for the right equipment.

When you say "silent" compressor, I know that there some REALLY expensive ones that are very low-noise. There are cheaper alternatives. Such as an electric gun, or placing a noisy compressor in a secluded room and running a long air hose to your work area.

But if you're going "all in", a little noise goes with the territory. Many upholsterers use air chisels for stripping furniture, as well as other air tools that are noisy regardless of what type compressor.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban