Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 05:24:59 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

How a job can go wrong

Started by Mike, March 04, 2014, 05:20:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Last wensday i installed some pontoon seats owner loved them. Payed by check so usin the mobile deposite sith i phone i found out he didnt write in the amount proper so i returned to get a new check. The guy had just got out of the pool and had togo find a checkbook and made a new che k out so i tookit to the bank. Then yesterday afternoon i look o line and hey im overdrawn 200.
Seems he wrote the check from the wrong acount and even if it transfered funds id have to wait a week for the check to clear now.   So now i have to meet him again today when he gets back from the eastcoast. :( another screwed up day

gene

I have an annual goal of spending zero minutes on Accounts Receivable. So far, I've been close each year but there's always at least one situation where I will need to make a few phone calls or 'remind' the folks that I haven't been paid.

I had one check bounce toward the end of last year. She called me before I new it and apologized and offered to bring cash over to me. One check in 10 years is a very good record.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

Yes it is gene.
Finnished 2 jobs yesterday and today. But got 1 new down to 12 jobs now

Mike

So i had a guy wanted a bow cover told me he was leaving 3/5. I said ya and was over last su day to make the pattern i orderedmaterial monday got it and made it tuesday 3/4 so i called hom said it was ready to go on. He said he was leaving in 1 hour a day early.
Well i got it on and he paid before he left. I came back to my shop and was sewing some window replacements and the guy with the bad check walk inn with a new check so it all worked out in the end.   Today back at new patterning :(