Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 11:32:06 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Publisher

Started by SteveA, February 25, 2014, 05:04:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveA

A customer sent me a file in the program Publisher.  I have Office but not Publisher.  I went looking on the MS web site for a free viewer - couldn't find one.  Does anyone know how I can open the Publisher file ?

Thanks

gene

February 25, 2014, 05:45:17 am #1 Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 05:47:02 am by gene
zamzar.com is a web site I have used in the past for a number of different conversions. There are many web sites like this. It will do .pub to pdf.

If this is a .pub file, you can try download.com for a free shareware file that can convert a .pub to pdf. USE AN ANTI VIRUS CHECKER ON ANYTHING YOU DOWNLOAD!!!

I use openoffice and I have a file on my computer that I cannot find, but when I open a .pub file this program converts the .pub file to a doc file so openoffice can then open it. This file may be specific for openoffice, I don't remember. I have only opened a few .pub files in the past. If I find the file I'll post it.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

MinUph

Open office is also free. Death for it.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mojo

Steve:

I have publisher. if you want to send me the file I will convert it to a DOC, PDF or JPG for you.

chris@stonevos.com

Chris

SteveA

Thanks Friends -
This customer figured out a way to convert the file to a PDF and resent to me. 
I appreciate the help !
SA

gene

February 26, 2014, 05:21:53 am #5 Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:24:15 am by gene
QuoteDeath for it.

Paul:

Does this mean that you would kill for a copy of openoffice?

Or does this mean you do not think software should be free?

Or does this mean you have stock in Microsoft and you believe openoffice has hurt the value of the stock?

Just wondering.

gene

PS: Hey. Since SA, who started this thread, officially ended this thread, does this mean that this post of mine is not off topic?

SteveA

Gene
I was wondering about that myself but was afraid to ask - Min looks pretty mean !

I'm in favor of legal copies because bootleg copies can contain one corrupt file that can make for a bad day.  I have a neighbor whose a musician.  He had the crack and obtained an illegal copy of a music/sound board editing program - I forget the name but it was around $ 1000.00 to purchase new. For free sounded better.  Anyway after a week of installing the discs and downloading his files the program unexpectedly closed and when it opened his files were lost -
We're still on topic somewhat ?
SA

MinUph

That was a typo :) I meant it to read "do a search for it". Probably wrote that on my phone. I have open office and MS office. I use MS office more but open office is a great package. The software is not illegal in any way. It has been around for years and you can download it at most any of the well known download sites.
  I hope I don't sound mean.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

gene

Openoffice and freeware are totally free and totally legal. Shareware can be free or they charge a fee to use it.

I would never use illegal software for the reasons you mentioned, as well as many other reasons.

Lawyers will sometimes advertise looking for disgruntled former employees who know that their former employer is using illegal software. They sue the company for illegal practices, etc.

QuoteMin looks pretty mean !
Thanks for not mentioning that I look like a dog.  ;D

gene

MinUph

QuoteMin looks pretty mean !
Thanks for not mentioning that I look like a dog.  ;D

gene
[/quote]
Funny you said that now that I look closely you DO look like a dog.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website