Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 12:15:08 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Baby it's cold outside.

Started by gene, January 06, 2014, 05:25:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=baby+it%27s+cold+outside&sm=1

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mojo

You guys have gotten clobbered this year with bad weather. I have a buddy in Akron who is an airline pilot and has a trip to make and having a hard time getting to the airport.

The Mid-West is not the place to be this winter. Stay warm Gene. :)

Chris

timtheboatguy

Eight below zero here in St. Louis this morning. It is supposed to get up to Zero! Has not been this cold here in like twenty years. Who wants to go out for ice cream, I'll even buy! :)
http://www.timtheboatguy.com

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur

baileyuph

Tim,
I think I am about 50 miles from you (around Wentzville?) and we have the same weather, our snow is from 8 to 16 inches in drifts but the cold is what is killing us.  I could not make it up the interstate ramp to get to the business.  Stuck at home and can't really say it will get a lot better before midweek, then guess what!  More snow predicted.

You are right, it is effectively been 20 years since this area has had this kind of weather, the cold.

When I retire, now it is making me think differently about staying here!  This is just too cold!

Doyle

timtheboatguy

Doyle,

We are neighbors! I live in lake Saint Louis and my shop is in Moscow Mills.

Douglas MacArthur

baileyuph

Yes, I remember in a previous post you mentioned Lake Saint Louis, but I was verifying that you were close to Wentzille.  LOL.

I am about 50 miles from Wentzville, we will have to have a chat sometime, when this weather clears.

I am south mainly and a little east of you, about 50 miles. My business is on south interstate 55 Tim.

I do just about any upholstery, have done boat covers, but the economic downturn, my share of the market dropped and I have backfilled it with other diversifications in the business.

Doyle

timtheboatguy

Okay I didn't pay attention to the (?) Good to know that your near by as I sometimes get calls for auto and home upholstery work which I do not do.

Douglas MacArthur

edward

Howdy neighbors! I am across the river, about 12 miles outside of St. Louis, in Illinois. The weather is about the same here, we tend to be a little warmer close to big city. Good to know some local people. I am a beginner in this, if you have any recommendations of local suppliers, I would appreciate any guidance. When you don't know exactly what you need, a salesperson can be very helpful. If you would rather pm me than post online, that would be fine.

Mike

Quote from: DB on January 06, 2014, 08:32:21 am

When I retire, now it is making me think differently about staying here!  This is just too cold!

Doyle
when I was in new Hampshire long with my canvas I had a little bait shop ( probably heard before) and I saw many snowbirds who told me how they went to florida and love it only wish they had done it sooner.

so when I had the chance I decided to move when I could before retiring, ten years ago now. wish I did it sooner. my first 10 year as a kid were in California then moved to mass and later NH, in the middle and 10 year now here. warmth is better. 

byhammerandhand

My Yooper (Upper Peninsula Michigan, UP -> UPer ->Yooper) Are well acclimated to weather there.   They had no school today, -5, windy and heavy snow (already 55" on the ground, not including the last 3 days accumulation).

They wanted to outside to play.  Including throwing a pan of boiling water in the air and watching it turn to snow and blowing bubbles and watching them freeze.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

timtheboatguy

Quote from: edward on January 06, 2014, 12:44:22 pm
Howdy neighbors! I am across the river, about 12 miles outside of St. Louis, in Illinois. The weather is about the same here, we tend to be a little warmer close to big city. Good to know some local people. I am a beginner in this, if you have any recommendations of local suppliers, I would appreciate any guidance. When you don't know exactly what you need, a salesperson can be very helpful. If you would rather pm me than post online, that would be fine.

There are some good suppliers that advertise on this site, for local I use Tri-Vantage or Wholesale USA both in St. Louis area.

Douglas MacArthur