Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2024, 07:43:39 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Hand wheels on sewing machines

Started by gene, November 08, 2013, 05:16:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbin

I well recall hearing a muffled, "Help.  You guys? I need some help".  We were all wearing headphones for our Walkmen (remember those?).  And our co-worker had put the needle of her full-function, high speed drop feed machine through the center of the nail on her index finger.  The machine jammed and she couldn't raise the needle.  I had to loosen and remove the needle from the needle bar to free her. 

We left the needle in the finger, kept it at shoulder height and drove her to the emergency room.  The attending staff mentioned that we'd one everything properly and promptly gave her tetanus shot BEFORE removing the embedded needle. 

I've never forgotten that experience and EVERY single machine I have has a needle guard and a complete set of screwdrivers within arm's reach.  All it takes is once, you guys!