Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 08:22:23 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

windy seasons here again

Started by Mike, November 04, 2013, 01:44:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

all summer long not a problem but I got shut down patterning today by wind I got some cabin scree window covers done cause they were plat on the windows but I had to pattern a aft curtain It wasn't going to happen

gene

On Thursday we had weather reports all day long about MASSIVE wind storms hitting our area in the evening. I mean MASSIVE, killer wind storms.

Many communities CANCELLED Halloween and rescheduled for Friday or Saturday (hoping they would still be alive) because of the MASSIVE wind storms that were going to hit our area from 6 pm to 9 pm Thursday evening.

Did I mention MASSIVE winds?

Well, I was sitting by our sliding glass door all evening and the tarp covering my outdoor grill did in fact flap around once or twice Thursday evening. And yes, that was it.

Guess what the headlines were all day on Friday?

Yep. You guessed correctly. MANY COMMUNITIES CANCEL HALLOWEEN  DUE TO WEATHER. They left off the word "REPORT".

LOL

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

JuneC

Over on this side we're having a regular nor'easter.  It's blowing about 30, gusting to 40 and seas in the Gulfstream are around 14 feet according to NOAA. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Grebo

Been blowing here constantly since yesterday 6 am. With dark skies, no rain yet but forecasts plenty.

Suzi

Mojo

June:

Mike and I would appreciate it if you guys would keep your winds over there on the Atlantic side. :)

Yesterday was windy and I believe all the winds were Westerly coming from the Atlantic. I just looked at my flag outside this morning and it is still with no breeze. Seen on the weather that we are going to warm up again after a few days in the Mid-70's. back into the 80's but with much lower dew points then what we had this summer making it bearable.

I still have all the windows open in the house and the air con shut off. :)

Chris

Mike