Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 30, 2024, 07:12:20 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Leather seat covers.

Started by scott_san_diego, November 01, 2013, 12:48:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scott_san_diego

My wife has a 2012 Kia Sorento with cloth seats.  From day one when she bought the car she said she wanted leather seats in the car.  Well 2 years later I broke down and put leather seats in the car for her birthday.
I didn't have the time to sew the covers up myself.  So I contacted Alea Leather (alealeather.com) and opened an account with them.
I want to say that I am very pleased with the way the seats came out and look.

I have some other  customers that are wanting to get there seats done in leather.  I will be contacting them again to order the cover.

Scott

gene

November 01, 2013, 04:17:36 pm #1 Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 04:19:00 pm by gene
Thanks for the link. I bookmarked the link for any possible future reference.

I also appreciate full members sharing this kind of stuff. Sometimes a newbie signs on and talks up a web site and then we never hear from that person again. It's good to have some credibility behind references.

This company makes their products in China, headquartered in Hong Kong. They have relations with companies in Italy and Germany. I've found that this tends to keep the quality high.

Does anyone have one of these on their sewing machines? I wonder if Bob or Greg sell these things?

From their web site:

As part of the quality management system, limit settings of the thread tension, the stitch length, and the number of stitches are ascertained by means of trial seams and entered into the quality assurance system.

During the sewing process a sensor carries out dynamic thread-force measurement online "stitch by stitch". The settings for stitch length and the number of stitches are also monitored. The docu-seam system compares the measured readings (stitch by stitch) with the previously entered limit settings, and evaluates the seam quality. Any variance from the specified tolerance range will set off a signal (NOK = not in order). In this case the data is saved but marked with "NOK". No label is printed and the kit is rejected.

The system can detect the following faults:

Thread tension too tight
   Thread tension too loose
   Skipped-stitch
   End of needle thread
   End of bobbin thread
   Needle-thread break
   Bobbin-thread break
   Needle breakage
   Changes in the stitch formation, e.g., due to wear parts

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!