Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 05, 2024, 04:06:43 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Patients patience

Started by sofadoc, October 10, 2013, 01:45:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

In some manner these times are tough, could get tougher from the noise I hear from Washington.

Patience and smartness is highly important today for us smaller business people.  Some of these good paying (having the ability to pay is what I mean) lists are important to keep, but at the expense of loosing money one has to work smarter.

I have to watch my mileage also, it cost to run a vehicle and spend time driving that could be spent producing.

Good luck,

Doyle

sofadoc

Quote from: Upholstery Clinic on October 13, 2013, 06:13:31 am
...... but there has been more then a few times I have had to go to one of their offices 50 miles away for a stool or one sitting chair.  But it's the price that has to be paid to keep on their vendor's list.  Have to do a bunch of little ones here and there to get the big ones. 
Lately around here, the little ones are ALL I get.
When it's time for a volume job, they just buy new.

That's why I'm glad that a local man has started a medical maintenance business here in town. He subs all those little jobs out to me. But he does all the legwork.

But even for HIM, bidding on the high volume jobs is often an exercise in futility.

........and I bend over backwards to stay on them.
That's gonna make it difficult for the anal probe to be properly inserted. ::)

BTW Don't put that colonoscopy off. I'm 55 and I've already had two of 'em.

"Good health BEGINS in the colon".
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Rich

Sofa, luckily I have been able to avoid the anal probe, but I just turned 50 so my Doctor told me that colonoscopy is coming soon, but there has been more then a few times I have had to go to one of their offices 50 miles away for a stool or one sitting chair.  But it's the price that has to be paid to keep on their vendor's list.  Have to do a bunch of little ones here and there to get the big ones.  I'll admit for the most part, most the vendor's lists I am on were done by being in the right place at the right time and I bend over backwards to stay on them.

Just curious, what type of work are you doing for these hospitals?
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

byhammerandhand

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Upholstery Clinic

Sofa there is no way I could put it off even if I wanted to since my wife is well aware of it.

Rich.  The work I am doing is for 3 of the hospital systems in the area.  The bulk of the work is done for the medical offices that they manage, and this consists of exam tables and chairs and waiting room furniture.  The hospitals themselves don't seem to throw as much work at me but I usually don't complain since it is easier to get stuff in and out of the office buildings then the hospitals.  From talking to others it is easier to do what I do living near a major city since these entities have vendors lists and if your not on them, you don't get any work.  In less metropolitan areas I believe each hospital makes it's own decisions and it's just a matter of finding the person in the building that makes the decisions.