Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 08, 2024, 03:48:07 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

foam cutter

Started by gene, October 08, 2013, 04:41:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

October 08, 2013, 04:41:55 pm Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 04:43:14 pm by gene
Check out the foam cutter at 40 seconds. I'd love to have one not sure where I would put it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iadcdBPjQNE

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

MinUph

I use my band saw for many foam cuttings. Maybe not that large but they do a great job.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mojo

I think that maybe the biggest foam saw I have ever seen. :)

Chris

sofadoc

The actual blade is nothing special. What really makes that set-up ideal, is that the blade is stationary and the table moves. I wish I had the room to rig up something like that.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

brmax

Now thats a table saw! the blade is pretty fine tooth i bet. A real nice operation there.

forsailbyowner

When I visited the woodbridge foam factory in chatenooga I saw a mac daddy foam saw used at the plant called the looper. It took the huge slabs of foam and ran it in a circle with a continuous bandsaw type blade that would cut it to thickness as thin as a few millimeters. Its blade was razor sharp and went through a honer to keep the edge the whole time it was running. It was an interesting tour learning how all the foam comes to be.

Stitches

I don't know if bandsaw tables have a mitre slot in them like table saws do.  But if the do you could make a sled that rides in the mitre slots to make it like a moving table

byhammerandhand

Most of the ones that I've seen do have a miter gauge slot.

However the limiting factors, IMO, are depth of cut (some have "riser blocks" to raise the top up), and width of cut -- many only have 14" or so to the other side of the saw frame.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison